WP: We came to know about Fedena from search engine. Till now, our experience of Fedena is going good and it has been a great assistance to our efforts and dream.
3. Character, Competence and Content are the ‘3Cs’ of your institution. Please elaborate on the ‘3Cs’ and how it has helped in your goals?
WP: In today’s world where information is available at the click of a button, children have to become knowledge assimilators and analyzers rather than just be a storehouse of information. The focus has to be on application of knowledge through experimentation, research and discovery.3C stands for Character, Competence, and Content. The 3C form the framework of the entire curriculum. The curriculum is learner centric and child- friendly ensuring that children learn for the love of learning. The objective of 3C is to encourage children to become contributing citizen and independent learners, thus enabling them to explore the world through their own ways. The basis of 3C is scientific, formulated with the belief that every child is a potential learner and that contemporary learning has to nurture and educate children to be lifelong learners. The 3C curriculum and its pedagogical practices, an amalgamation of best practices implemented in various national and international curricular. Beside academic achievements, sport and co-curricular activities form an integral part of the 3C curriculum. Assessment and evaluation are part of the process which makes the whole evaluation stress free for the students.
4. ‘Social responsibility’ is an integral part of the educational institutions now. What is your point of view in this context as an educator?
WP: Participating in extracurricular activities not only looks good to school but it’s also a great opportunity for meeting new people. School social activities can help enhance leadership skills as well. Participating in them throughout school level can help the child get into the college of his/her choice while enhancing his/her social skills. Our school social activities include cleaning up school area and nearby villages and creating health awareness among village people, our students helps traffic police in peak hours, provide time for the students to talk and eat as they help others. Our school also participates in The National Service Scheme (NSS).
5. What are your future aspirations?
The realization that a robust framework of education is indispensable for the growth of global leaders, the visionary, Dr. Tarita Shankar, Chairperson, Indira Group, integrated her pursuit of excellence and articulated educational institutions, known as Indira Group of Institutes (IGI), which imbibe human excellence and demonstrate strong social values, with a single minded pursuit of developing the youth to become business leaders.
Unrelenting initiatives by the management team at Indira led to adding of multi-disciplines such as Management, Information Technology, Pharmacy, Commerce, Science, Engineering and Mass Communication to the group. And growth has been as deep as it has been wide. With 14 institutions, IGI now offers education right from Kindergarten to Doctorate level studies.
Having traversed the journey of nineteen years we have ourselves made certain significant achievements which, we are aware, are but the building blocks for achieving further heights.
- Indira is ranked amongst the top 2 B-schools in Pune, by the prestigious AIMA – IMJ.
- The same journal gave us a top 30, all India ranking on the parameters of Industry interface.
- Our students have shown good academic results and have been at the level of university ranking.
- The achievements of our students have enabled them to attract some of the best corporate recruiters.
- Indira Group of Institutes and our goodwill has enabled us to establish campus agreement with Microsoft for using different software.
- Our goodwill with Microsoft was further accentuated with Microsoft conducting workshops at Indira, for train the trainer modules.
- Business India has also ranked us amongst the top 3 in Pune for last 2 yrs.
- Our Institutes have received accreditation from various certifying bodies.
At the Indira Group of Institutes, we have picked up the gauntlet thrown down by the demands of the existing business environment. Our motto at Indira is the pursuit of excellence, a fact that is evident from our infrastructure and the quality of individual candidates – the Indraites. At the core of our philosophy lies the conviction that we must become ambidextrous, and this dynamism is translated in to the knowledge provided to our students.
At Indira, we create a movement to convert the hopes and aspirations of the youth, into commitments for purpose and performance. Our confidence in the learning abilities of the youth has led to a judicious mix of knowledge sharing, for holistic developments of the students into good human beings.
It’s always been a tough time for parents when they have to decide what education they should choose for their children; education that is both right and appealing to them as well. Each child has a different kind of educational needs and preferences and depending on that, education should be imparted to them. One of the most highly remarkable innovations of the age is the virtual education, the best alternative to the traditional educational module.This kind of education through the world of the internet is especially helpful to kids who find it difficult to cope with the concept of actual school. In fact, virtual school has been hailed as the next big solution in education that is surely going to change the way education is delivered to its recipients. Read this article to know why virtual education is such a great beginning in the world of education.Virtual education is not similar to the kind of education available in traditional classes. The best part about this kind of education is that it allows students and parents to go through proper counselling to know what will work best for each student, based on his strength and weaknesses. Customized education can bring out the best in each student as it helps to ignite the willingness to learn. Besides, the flexibility that is allowed to students in virtual schooling is what attracts more and more parents. The reason is the fact that it facilitates students to learn and not mere learning that is forced at a particular time. It has been proved through research that students tend to learn more when it is convenient for them, rather than making studies a mere everyday fixed routine.
Likewise, the rising cost of attending courses in colleges and other educational institutions have already forced many students to go for virtual education. The education costs involved in virtual schooling is pretty less as it does not include the immense course fees and resource expenses among a whole lot of others that just go unnoticed sometimes. But with virtual schools, the education delivered does not require such high investments and it is an advantage to students with fewer privileges who are unable to attend well-known campuses. The cost involved in this kind of education via the internet is way less than the face-to-face method.
Now, if we think beyond the student’s point of view, we can also find how virtual education is a great boon to the environment as well. Just think how many trees you are saving by reducing the use of paper. The amount of paper you need while attending a classroom lecture is huge and most of the paper used always end up in the dustbin. While virtual education does help you save the environment and keep your data safe on your computer.
The advantages of virtual education are great in number and these are just a few of them. We must always remember one thing that the benefits of virtual education vary from person to person depending on individual needs and requirements. The huge number of students enrolling for virtual schools itself stands as a witness to the ever increasing demand of virtual education.
This plugin will surely be of great help to Fedena users as they don’t have to login to Fedena to get notifications. All notifications are just an email away!
When you see one side of the coin, there is the other side too! When social media can bring some positive changes in the world of education, it has its black side as well. As many researchers and scholars do believe that too much time spent in Facebook, Google and other networking sites can lead to loss of patience as most social media users have a general tendency to shift from page to page too often. Another prime concern with people against the use of social media in schools is the way the use of language has been changing. Sites like Twitter allows you to post your ideas in just 140 characters which in turn bars the person to use words fully spelled. Instead, most users go for shorthand like ‘u’ instead of ‘you’, ‘gr8’ in place of ‘great’ and so on. Prolonged usage of this kind of language has led to the development of separate messaging language which has made its way to mainstream written language as well.
In any case, the rising popularity of social media shows that the trend is going to stay and will influence every phase of life. So, it’s up to students and scholars to decide how social media can be used in a brighter way; how to avoid being distracted and wander aimlessly through sites and instead, promote actual learningin the virtual world.
Learn how to conduct an online examination using Fedena:
- Firstly, being the admin you need to log in with your id to Fedena and go to ‘More’, then ‘Examination’ and finally to ‘Online Exam’.
- ‘Online Exam’ plugin offers you four options:
- New Online Exam: This option allows you to create new online exams for students. You need to fill up all necessary information required like ‘Name’ of the exam, the start date, the due date, the batches you want to select for the exam and also, the number of options you want to provide as answers.
- View Online Exams: When you want to view the ongoing online exams, you need to click it and select the particular batch you want to see the details off. To make the exam available to students, you need to make it ‘Published’.
- View Exam Results: Online exam results can also be viewed by selecting this option. You just need to select the batch and you get the list of the exams conducted for the particular batch. Then, click on the ‘View Result’ of the particular exam you want to see. Once you click on ‘View Result’, you get the report card for the particular exam. You can also get a PDF format of the report by clicking on ‘PDF Report’.
- Reset Exam: This feature is an advantage when in case, you have to reset an exam for a batch or a particular student. There may be circumstances when you need to reset an examination and in those times, nothing better than the ‘Reset Exam’ option. For this, you have to click ‘Reset Exam’ and select the batch and also the particular exam you want to reset. You can reset the exam for a particular student or the entire batch as well by selecting ‘All’.
How does online exam work in Fedena?
Keeping a track of expenses has been a difficult task in running an educational institution and this is because expenses of managing any institution is never fixed and keeps on changing, month to month. Sometimes you don’t even know where the money is going to. Hence it is important for you being the administrator of any institution to keep a track on the expenses and manage it accordingly. Fedena provides you a simple tracking mechanism that can help you divide your expenses under categories and manage it.
We all know that there are some possible expenses that are common in every educational institution and they are somethings that cannot be done without. Typical institutional expenses includes the money spent on
- buying lab utilities
- purchasing library books, computers and other technical equipment
- salaries of employees
Then, there are several others as well that are often not recorded or kept a track off. To keep a record of these minor expenses, you may often maintain small notes that goes unnoticed within huge pile of expense registers. But, when you have smarter ways to keep a track of your expenses, then why spend hours on filling up those expense registers? Read on to know how.
Tracking expenses of your institution using Fedena
Fedena has a better solution for you. It can help you track down your expenses easily with the help of its unique way of storing information about expenses. The following information will let you know how you can do it.
The very first thing that you need to do is to login with your id to Fedena and then go to ‘Finance’. Here you can create various categories under which, you can divide the expenses of your institutions. For this, go to ‘Category’ and create your own new categories.
Here is a good news for all of you. One of the most requested feature for Fedena is now available as a plugin for your use. Fedena has a fully functional payment gateway to enable the institutions accept online payment through credit cards. Fedena is integrated with Paypal & Authorize.net and the plugin is available for purchase at Fedena Pro website.
|Payment Gateway Settings for Paypal in Fedena Pro|
|Payment Gateway Settings for Authorize.net|
So, discard those pens and leave application forms and adopt this smarter and faster way to get your leaves approved.
Managing assignments has always been a tedious task, both for the teacher who assigns it as well as for the students who are assigned. The entire process of assignment becomes all the more hectic when any student fails to attend class on the said day. Plus, students might often get confused with the details of the assignment and the teacher in most of the cases, have to go through an ordeal of repeating and re-addressing the students again and again. So, instead of going through such activities, teachers can make it simpler with the help of Fedena’s Assignment plugin.
The Assignment plugin is easy to use the plugin of Fedena that helps teachers and students to save time when dealing with assignments. We bring to you, a detailed description of how this plugin can be used effectively, both by teachers and students.
Login as a teacher
When you log in as a teacher and want to issue assignments to your students, then these steps you have to follow:
- First, you need to go to ‘More’ and then select ‘Assignment’ from it.
- Create a new assignment with the help of the ‘Create new Assignment’ option.
- Create new assignment and put in all the necessary information required to create it, like the ‘Title’, ‘Content’, ‘Due Date’ and select the ‘Subject’ that you want to create an assignment on.
It must be noted that as a teacher, you can only see the options of subjects that you teach when you click on ‘Subject’. If you want to provide some other detail to the students for their help, you can upload a file to the assignment also.
When you select the ‘Subject’, you may need to select students as well. If you want only particular students to receive the assignment, you need to select the students from the boxes, or else, you can select ‘All’.
Login as a student
When you login as a student
- Click on ‘More’ and then go to ‘Assignment’, you will be taken directly to the ‘Assignment’ page.
- Then you click on the particular ‘Assignments’ (for example, here, its ‘Homework’), you directly go to the page where you get the details about it and an option below saying, ‘Answer this assignment’.
- Fill in all information required and attach necessary answer sheet. You are done with your assignment once you click on ‘Submit Answer’.Once the assignment is submitted by the student, the teacher receives it under the category ‘Answered’ in the particular subject assignment. On clicking it, the teacher gets an option to download and read it. Once read, the teacher can ‘Accept answer’ or ‘Reject answer’. The same information will be sent to the respective student as well.When there is an easy and fast way to issue and accept assignments, then why waste time in dealing with it in pen and paper. Fedena is here, make the most of it!
Fedena, the award winning school ERP software solution assists Yuva Parivartan, an inspired movement that has become an uproar to bring about a positive change in the society and create a better nation. As Yuva Parivartan believes, this change can only be done when the deprived youth population of the country is given a chance to create a bright future for themselves and thus, become an asset to the society and nation. Today, Yuva Parivartan shares their experiences of the journey so far, that had not been an easy part to cover for them.
Q: Tell us about Yuva Parivartan.
Q: You must have for sure, faced a lot of difficulties to convince underprivileged children from poor families for take up training or further education. Can you talk a little on that?
Q:Since you are a non-profit organization, you must have faced issues with pricing and licensing when you wanted an erp software solution. How have Fedena helped you in this.
YP: As we are an NGO, we were looking for an application that would suit our needs and at the same time would be affordable to us. Thanks to Unni, who advised us that the Saas Model would be very expensive, and suggested that we go for on-premise model, without looking at maximizing his profit. With his help and understanding, we now have the application hosted on our server which would help us in a long way, and the application would well be in our control. Unni also provided us with unlimited schools license as well as unlimited users license hence completely eliminating our growth cost impact.
Q:You offer vocational courses unlike other colleges. How difficult was it for you to look for the right erp software for your organization since most ERPs are ideal for regular courses.
YP: Our courses are short term which is for a duration of 3 months and for different trades. Thanks to Foradian who understood our need, helped in customization and designed an application that has suited our purpose. Also, we have undertaken some workarounds in our business operations to ensure a maximum usage of the system to cater to our needs. However, saying that the core operations of students admissions, course definition, fees collections, examinations and reports generation remains common across any form of formal education hence, Fedena fit our requirements.
Q: How has Fedena and Foradian been a help to you in your effort to work for the society.
YP: We are greatly thankful to Foradian for understanding us, supporting us throughout our journey and designing an application that is simple and easy to understand. Moreover, we needed an application that would cater to the needs of all our centers, an application that could be accessed anywhere in the world. Earlier our staff used to spend a lot of time and effort in maintaining the records manually. Now with this application we would be able to track and maintain the training records across all our centers, thereby giving us transparency and increasing efficiency of all our staff. This will in a long run help us to reduce manual work and track records on-time with timely reports delivered as and when required. This also will help our field staff to focus more on their field activities rather than spending productive time in maintaining records for reporting purpose.
Foradian is proud to be associated with an organisation like Yuva Parivartan who is working hard for the upliftment of the society, for a better tomorrow for those who never had the chance to carve out a life worth living.