Are you the head of your institute, and have to create reports on students which are not the typical reports showing the marks of exams? Instead, there might be situations when you have to create a report to know about students engaged in different activities in school. When you have a cultural event at your school and you have to find out students who are active in cultural activities and this becomes a difficult task if you have to find the information by personally asking each and every student. But with Fedena, your stress is reduced to just a custom report that can be made in the easiest possible way. Read on this article as we share with you how to create custom reports with the help of Fedena.
Here is a report requirement that is not available in Fedena by default :
Suppose, you are looking for students in different school houses (for instance Red House, Blue House, Green house and Yellow House) who can contribute to the upcoming Teacher’s Day celebration at your school with some cultural activities. Now, how you find it out using Fedena.
Steps to create the required custom report
Step 1: The very first thing that you need to do is to create an additional field, something called as ‘Interested in cultural events’ and for this, you need to go to ‘Settings’ in dashboard and then to ‘Add Admission additional detail’. You can create another additional field as ‘House’.
You can ask your students to fill this additional field during the time of their admission or can even edit the student profiles later.
Step 2: Once you have created the new additional field, you need to go to ‘More’ and then to ‘Custom Report’. Click on ‘New Student Report’ to create a new custom student report.
Step 3: You have to name the new report and select the fields of which you want the report. Like, in this case, you are looking for students in different school houses who can take part in the cultural event. You might need the Admission number of the students along with the First Name, Batch, Gender, which House and if Interested in Cultural Events.
Step 4: After you save it, you have to get the report for which you have to select the respected report and click on ‘Show Report’.
You can see the report and can also get a ‘Print’ of it. Or ‘Export CSV’ of the same.
So, whatever custom report you want to make with student information, you can easily do it with Custom Report plugin of Fedena. You can do it yourself or you can also give this privilege to any employee of your institution to do the same.
When you need to manage different users of your institution in Fedena, you just need to login with your id. Being the admin, you have the power to manage your employees, all you need to do is, go to the Dashboard and then to ‘Manage Users’ in Dashboard.
You can assign different privileges to your employees. For this, you need to search the respective employee and go to ‘Edit Privilege’.
- School/College Name: You need to enter the name of your school or college.
- School/College Address: The address of your institution.
- School/College Phone: The contact number for your institution.
- Student Attendance Type: You can set the attendance type as subject wise or a daily attendance both of which are provided in dropdown. In case of daily attendance, the attendance can be taken daily (forenoon and afternoon).
- Financial year start date: With the help of the dropdown calendar, you can set the date for the start of the financial year of your institution.
- Financial year end date: A dropdown calendar will help you set the end date for the financial year.
- Starting receipt number: You can set a starting receipt number for the receipts of transactions you received under the finance category. You can name it anything like Xaviers1 and it is auto incremented.
- Language: Set the language you want. Fedena offers a whole set of languages to choose from the dropdown.
- Time zone: Select the time zone you are in from the dropdown.
- Country: Mention the country you are in.
- Currency type: It’s important to set the currency using which all transactions will be carried on in your institution.
- Upload logo: You can easily upload the logo of your institution and this will allow you to have the logo of your school in the header of all generated reports. But keep in mind, the logo should have a maximum size of 500KB and resolution of 150×110.
- Network State: The network state will be Online in case the application is communication with an SMTP server via internet. If not, then select Offline.
- Include Grading Systems: You can select any of the grading formats for examinations conducted in your institution.
- Moodle URL: Integrate your Moodle data with Fedena with the help of this option.
- Select theme: Fedena offers you a list of themes to select from.
- Enable auto increment student admission number: This option can let you increment the student admission number in admission forms automatically.
- Enable auto increment employee number: Just like the option above, this option too lets you enable auto increment employee number during the time of their recruitment automatically.
- Enable News Comment moderation: Only when the admin or the privileged employee approves a comment then it will be visible to other users if this field is checked.
- Enable sibling: When this option is chosen, the system will automatically ask for siblings if any during the time of admission of any new student.
- Enable first time login change password: When this option is chosen, any user will be asked to change the password when he/she logins for the first time to the system.
- Enable Oauth: When you select this option, you will be allowed single sign on using your personal Gmail account. This will allow you to log into Fedena using your Google account.
Are you looking forward to generating different kinds of reports using Fedena? You will be amazed to know that this award-winning school management software actually lets you do it with much ease. You can generate reports on some rare topics as ‘Female employees doing overtime who require transportation’ or ‘Students who have not submitted their assignments’ etc. So, when you need to generate such unique reports, all you need to do is to log in to Fedena and makes some interesting reports.
Today, we talk about 7 of the most amazing reports that you can actually generate for your use:
1. Employee Payslip Report
There might be times when you want to know where do all the money is spent in a particular department. Keeping a check on the expenses is always a good and intelligent idea to do. For this, you need to login to your Fedena and go to ‘More’ and then to ‘Human Resource’ and finally to ‘Employee payslip’. Enter the department and the month for which you want the expense list. The ‘View’ option, when selected will give you the list of employees for the department and you get details about the money actually spent on employees of the department.
2. New Student Report
3. Attendance Report
4. Employee Perk Report
5. Placement Report
6. Assignment Report
7. Employee Overtime Report
It has been almost 4 years since the first beta release of Fedena 0.1 in our start up office at Kasaragod, Kerala, India. Today we have reached to the version 2.3.4. It was an exciting journey for us and we are sure that it was rewarding for all our early adopters and existing customers. If you have not read our story yet, check out the history page at fedena.com
New features in Fedena Core modules
- Add sibling feature to fedena. Read more
- Add course and batch name in Fee receipt
- Subject wise and Assessment wise report for CCE
- Disable duplicate entries using double click in Fedena Core
- New Modifications in CCE
- Change in text for fee collection and fee submission
- Subject Name and Filters applied in the Attendance report PDF Add Subject and Session field in Student attendance report
- Local time needs to be shown when SMS is sent
- Changes in Spanish Translation
- API to return user details if Biometric ID is provided.
- Introduce Biometric ID field for students and employees.
- Student and Employee Additional details have to consider Text Area as Input Method
- UI Modification in student Fee Detail Page
- Mode of payment while collecting fees
- Introduction of Class Timing set. Read more
Issues solved in Fedena Core
- Style issue in the finance fee receipt if the payment note words are too large.
- Style issue in fee receipt if the fee collection name is too large.
- Add missing time zones
- Grading Level Minimum Score can be created above 100
- FA report generation before SA score entered
- Messages sent to employee’s manager by Privileged Employee is not being sent.
- Translation missing in attendance report page
- Translation missing for ‘less than’, greater than and equal to in employee advanced search.
- Transcript PDF break issue
- Forgot password reset words used
- Change Assign old batch subjects to Assign Previous batch subjects
- Sort the employee names in the alphabetical order in the event show page.
- Sort the employee department names in the alphabetical order.
- Should show all the parent users when batch is selected in user view all page.
- Should not show the delete button in the archived student guardian profile.
- State name is showing with country name in guardian profile.
- Style issue in teacher timetable page
- Style issue in the discussion group post page.
- Sort the employee names in the alphabetical order in the tutor assigning page.
- Discount showing not a number, if we delete the particulars of the particular category.
- Style issue in the employee payroll.
- Showing wrong flash message if there are no particulars included in the selected fee category while creating discount. Should not show the category if there are no particulars included.
- Should show the flash message while changing the immediate contact of a student.
- Style issue in flash message after saving the guardian
- Sort the student names in alphabetical order in the fee defaulters page and the pdf report.
- Top border and bottom border is missing in the employee profile pdf report.
- Style issue in employee attendance report pdf.
- Page break issue in pdf report in employee attendance pdf
- Privileged employee have no option to change the immediate contact of a student like admin.
- Style issue in the change immediate contact page if the guardian name is too large.
- Style issue in the submit button while rejecting the payslip.
- Style issue in pdf of CCE report
- IF admission privilege is given to an employee he should able to delete that student permanently
- No need for the option to add payroll category in normal employee login, only the admin and the privileged employee need the option.
- Going to dashboard while clicking the exam wise pdf report using employee login.
- Should not show the fee category if there are no particulars included while creating the fee discount using student wise.
- Change “Select a course” to “select a batch” in all user view page
- There should be the option to add the additional details of the admitted student if the step is skip in between the admission.
- The title is overlapping with the company logo in the pdf header.
- Should not show the category name while creating fee collection if particulars are blank in any of the selected batch.
- Exam status is not showing in parent login calender , but it is showing in student login.
- Should not allow to mark the attendance if any of the option ‘Forenoon’ or ‘Afternoon’ is not selected while marking the attendance.
- Style issue in the guardian profile if the name is too large.
- Change the Arabic (ar.yml) translations in the below mentioned areas.
- Should not possible to create the deleted finance category again.
- Should not delete the elective subjects if any dependency is there,disable the delete button.
- Should not redirect to other pages while saving the previous data for already admitted student.
- Change the error message “Grade set not deleted, dependant data present” to “Unable to delete Grade Set due to dependent data”
- Deleted courses displayed while assigning scholastic or co-scholastic items
- Error message style issue in CCE weightages -Assigned courses page
- Style issue in student attendance
- SMS settings issue (The system is not able to send the sms when the URL has “https”)
- Style issue in the electives index page if the elective group name is too large.
- Style issue in subject transfer show page if the subject code is large.
- Sort the course name in alphabetical order in the create exam page.
- Should not show student category name twice while editing student category.
- Sort the members name in alphabetical order and show the full name instead of first name in create reminder page.
- Delete Button style issue in calendar page
- Add new student and employee columns in student and employee structure and profile API
- Change the text in Spanish translation.
- Unable to edit student additional details
- Updated country list
- Style issue in additional details adding page if the additional detail name is large
- Add fine button style broken in Spanish language.
- Style issue in fee receipt number if many receipts are there.
- Alignment issue in timetable page
- IF an error occurred during saving parents details all the Entered data disappearing
- Style issue in fee defaulter’s submission form.
- Bracket is broken in fee submission form and fees receipt while language is in rtl.
- Disordered brackets in batch fees report while language is in rtl.
- RTL style issue in finance fees report.
- Incorrect experience years while editing a employee
- Add exception handling in student email sending
- Translation issue in student admission page
- User created from the user page only have the permission to show the delete button but other users created from the hr should not need the option to delete.
- Employee is created without user_id
- Should not allow to pay the zero amount in finance fee pay.
- style issue in teacher timetable
- Deleted course name showing at the time of assigning weightages to course
- Align the check box to other fields in additional details page.
- 500 coming in user search
- No need to show the edit button and pdf report in the employee additional info page if there is no additional data added
- Page is redirecting to edit privilege page while clicking add additional details link if there is no additional detail fields present.
- Rtl style issue in archived student guardian profile.
- Style issue in student advanced search pdf of former students.
- In archived student profile the additional details order should be same as student additional details.
- Show country label name in archived student guardian profile.
- Style issue in search by name field in the remove subordinate employee page.
- Style issue in employee edit while getting an error.
- Student search is incomplete
- Theme color issue in the remove subordinate employee page.
- Theme color issue in the Co-Scholastic Scores page.
- Theme is not working in student timetable view page
- Sort the employee names in the alphabetical order in subject assignment page.
New features in Fedena Plugins
- Applicant Registration
- Custom Import
- Instant Fee
- Fedena Transport
Issues solved in Fedena Plugins
- Applicant Registration
- Custom Import
- Fee Import
- Instant Fee
- Custom Reports
1. 500 in timetable view mobile
- Custom Report 1. The additional details of students and employees don’t support letters like “Á, é, í, ó, ú ,ñ ,Ñ ”, etc.
|RFID / Biometric Hardware configuration in Institution|
- Biometric/RFID hardware
- Power for Biometric/RFID hardware
- A local PC with an internet connection to act as a server to process Biometric/RFID data
- Cable connecting the local PC and Biometric/RFID hardware
- Windows OS in local PC
- Biometric/RFID software you got from the hardware manufacturer to be installed in local PC
- Hardware integration app of Fedena to be installed in local PC
- Fedena installed in the cloud or other servers of your choice
Things to know
- You have to purchase the RFID / Biometric hardware with supporting software from the local provider. Fedena does not supply any hardware. Fedena support will not help with your hardware issues.
- Make clear the support & service terms with the hardware provider. Make sure they can provide on-site support incase of hardware issues.
- Show the hardware provider this article to make sure their software can support the integration explained here.
How does the integration work?
- Each user(students/teachers) in your institution will get a unique hardware ID from the RFID/Biometric device.
- You can enter this unique ID in the hardware ID field of student/teacher profile in Fedena.
- Install a simple software provided by Fedena in the local PC where the RFID/Biometric device is connected.
- Done. This software will communicate with Fedena through the internet using Fedena’s attendance API.
Step by step instructions
|Entering Hardware ID in the student profile|
We have introduced a new feature for grouping class timings(with weekdays) and assigning the grouped class timing to single and multiple batches of your institution. With this feature, you can save a lot of time in managing the institution and you will get optimized and error-free attendance report of past batch timings in Fedena. Class timings and weekdays for a batch can be changed now without affecting the existing timetable and older timetable. New settings will take effect after a new timetable is created.
Before explaining the benefits, let us find out the problems and challenges with the old method.
Most of the institutions change the class timings more than one time during an academic year. Even though this is less likely for K-12 education, it is a frequent process in Higher Education.
For example, the 2013 batch of Mechanical Engineering in a college will start with class timings 9 am to 5 pm. But after some months there is a high probability that the class timings might be changed to 10 am to 6 pm. With the old method of class timing configuration, you have to manually set the class timing each and every time the change happens. There is no way to automate the process even if it is a standard in your institution to have multiple class timings in a single academic year. The first challenge is the time wasted in manually configuring class timing changes.
Once a new class timing is applied to an existing batch in the old method of manual configuration, all past data of attendance will be lost if the option of subject wise attendance was active.
To solve these challenges our product team has innovated the way class timings & weekdays are configured in Fedena:
Instead of manually tweaking the class timings each and every time, we have introduced the following concepts.
- You can create class timing sets(including weekday configuration) which are independent of batches. ex: Summer timings, Special day timings, Winter timings, etc..
- These class timings with week days can be assigned to preferred batches any time of the academic year using a simple user interface
|Assigning 3 batches to Summer Timings|
Note: You will have to create a fresh timetable once the new class timings are assigned to a batch.
You can download the feature documentation here. Some screenshots are given below.
Screenshot 1: Access Class timing sets from the Timetable module
|Class timing sets|
Screenshot 2: Create new class timing sets or manage existing
|Create & Edit new class timing sets|
Screenshot 3: Create & manage class timings
|Create & Edit class timings|
Note 1: A class timing set once used in timetable or the class timings in that once used, both cannot be deleted
Note 2: Workflow of the weekday is not changed, but changing of weekday and class timing set in between a calendar year is possible for a batch, but it will not take effect until new timetable is created, all older timetable is kept as such in that case.
Note 3: After getting this new update, class timing sets will be created by default for each batch, however, you may find that a particular class timing set can be used for multiple batches, feel free to update those as per the need.
The step-by-step manual:
Once you go to the guardians’ page, you will get the option of configuring sibling.
When any parent login, he or she can easily switch to any of the children and see the details and the present thread will showcase details of the particular child until it is changed or switched.
This feature will surely help you save some useful time and invest the time in things that are more important and relevant. For a smarter way to do this, switch to Fedena.
The realization that a robust framework of education is indispensable for the growth of global leaders, the visionary, Dr. Tarita Shankar, Chairperson, Indira Group, integrated her pursuit of excellence and articulated educational institutions, known as Indira Group of Institutes (IGI), which imbibe human excellence and demonstrate strong social values, with a single minded pursuit of developing the youth to become business leaders.
Unrelenting initiatives by the management team at Indira led to adding of multi-disciplines such as Management, Information Technology, Pharmacy, Commerce, Science, Engineering and Mass Communication to the group. And growth has been as deep as it has been wide. With 14 institutions, IGI now offers education right from Kindergarten to Doctorate level studies.
Having traversed the journey of nineteen years we have ourselves made certain significant achievements which, we are aware, are but the building blocks for achieving further heights.
- Indira is ranked amongst the top 2 B-schools in Pune, by the prestigious AIMA – IMJ.
- The same journal gave us a top 30, all India ranking on the parameters of Industry interface.
- Our students have shown good academic results and have been at the level of university ranking.
- The achievements of our students have enabled them to attract some of the best corporate recruiters.
- Indira Group of Institutes and our goodwill has enabled us to establish campus agreement with Microsoft for using different software.
- Our goodwill with Microsoft was further accentuated with Microsoft conducting workshops at Indira, for train the trainer modules.
- Business India has also ranked us amongst the top 3 in Pune for last 2 yrs.
- Our Institutes have received accreditation from various certifying bodies.
At the Indira Group of Institutes, we have picked up the gauntlet thrown down by the demands of the existing business environment. Our motto at Indira is the pursuit of excellence, a fact that is evident from our infrastructure and the quality of individual candidates – the Indraites. At the core of our philosophy lies the conviction that we must become ambidextrous, and this dynamism is translated in to the knowledge provided to our students.
At Indira, we create a movement to convert the hopes and aspirations of the youth, into commitments for purpose and performance. Our confidence in the learning abilities of the youth has led to a judicious mix of knowledge sharing, for holistic developments of the students into good human beings.