Online education is the new buzzword in the world of education because of its flexibility of the concept of anywhere, anytime. Because of its diversified nature, online education has gained in much popularity among all kind of professionals and industries. If you are a contributor to online learning, then you must be knowing how important it is for you to connect with your students. Online teaching is not just mere sharing of assignments and checking of textbooks, it’s more about communicating with your students for all kind of assistance. When you are using your smartphone for online teaching, then make sure your phone is loaded with smart apps to make you a technologically advanced online teacher!
There are loads of apps available and its up to you to choose the right app that will make your smartphone a real smart device. So, in case, you are involved with teaching online, these five apps will surely be of great help to you.
Check out what apps you must be considering in your role as an online teacher:
1. Evernote, is one app that you must consider in case, you don’t have the time to sit down and make notes for your students. This app is definitely the one that you should opt for when there is hardly any time to sit down and take down notes. Evernote is a savior that helps you do a lot of things like saving webpages you like, taking notes, images, files and a whole lot of other things including saving photo and audio is made easy. All you need is your smartphone and this app which is available for free of cost.
2. FoxFi, For your smartphone to create its own Wi-Fi hotspot to use it anytime, anywhere, download FoxFi in your phone and do your assignments even when you are on the go! Connect your devices like laptops or tablets and get your work done at the fastest of time. You don’t have to install anything on your computer and in less than ten minutes of installing the app on your smartphone, you are online and carry on with your online teaching course effortlessly. Use the limited version for free but you need to burn out some cash of $7.95 to utilize the unlimited version.
3. Google Hangout, which is available for free to its users, is one of the best apps that is available for online teachers and helps them to conduct videoconference and recording the same in Youtube. Talking to your students via videos even during your working hours is all possible with Google Hangout on your smartphone.
4. Audioboo, then there is Audioboo that eases communication with your students via three-minute podcasts that you can record using the app. The podcast can be easily shared to sites like Facebook and Twitter using your smartphone.
5. Tether too, allows you to connect to your computer with the help of your phone without the need for any additional data plans or Wifi-hotspots. Both Tether and FoxFi are the best apps to utilize for your teaching purposes online particularly when you are traveling and need to get connected to your students. Tether comes in at a cost of $29.95 a year and is allowed to be used in your Android, Blackberry or even iPhone devices.