So, discard those pens and leave application forms and adopt this smarter and faster way to get your leaves approved.
So, discard those pens and leave application forms and adopt this smarter and faster way to get your leaves approved.
Managing assignments has always been a tedious task, both for the teacher who assigns it as well as for the students who are assigned. The entire process of assignment becomes all the more hectic when any student fails to attend class on the said day. Plus, students might often get confused with the details of the assignment and the teacher in most of the cases, have to go through an ordeal of repeating and re-addressing the students again and again. So, instead of going through such activities, teachers can make it simpler with the help of Fedena’s Assignment plugin.
The Assignment plugin is easy to use the plugin of Fedena that helps teachers and students to save time when dealing with assignments. We bring to you, a detailed description of how this plugin can be used effectively, both by teachers and students.
When you log in as a teacher and want to issue assignments to your students, then these steps you have to follow:
It must be noted that as a teacher, you can only see the options of subjects that you teach when you click on ‘Subject’. If you want to provide some other detail to the students for their help, you can upload a file to the assignment also.
When you select the ‘Subject’, you may need to select students as well. If you want only particular students to receive the assignment, you need to select the students from the boxes, or else, you can select ‘All’.
When you login as a student
Q: You must have for sure, faced a lot of difficulties to convince underprivileged children from poor families for take up training or further education. Can you talk a little on that?
Q:Since you are a non-profit organization, you must have faced issues with pricing and licensing when you wanted an erp software solution. How have Fedena helped you in this.
YP: As we are an NGO, we were looking for an application that would suit our needs and at the same time would be affordable to us. Thanks to Unni, who advised us that the Saas Model would be very expensive, and suggested that we go for on-premise model, without looking at maximizing his profit. With his help and understanding, we now have the application hosted on our server which would help us in a long way, and the application would well be in our control. Unni also provided us with unlimited schools license as well as unlimited users license hence completely eliminating our growth cost impact.
Q:You offer vocational courses unlike other colleges. How difficult was it for you to look for the right erp software for your organization since most ERPs are ideal for regular courses.
YP: Our courses are short term which is for a duration of 3 months and for different trades. Thanks to Foradian who understood our need, helped in customization and designed an application that has suited our purpose. Also, we have undertaken some workarounds in our business operations to ensure a maximum usage of the system to cater to our needs. However, saying that the core operations of students admissions, course definition, fees collections, examinations and reports generation remains common across any form of formal education hence, Fedena fit our requirements.
Q: How has Fedena and Foradian been a help to you in your effort to work for the society.
|Prof. Dr. Ahmed Saleem Siddiqui|
The Library plugin of Fedena manages your institute’s library by providing login access to students and teachers to search for available books and order them from anywhere and anytime. All they need is internet. But for this module to work in full efficiency, you need to have all the library details stored in Fedena. You can import your book list in bulk to your Fedena by using the magical custom import plugin, this article reveals the steps on how to do it.
You might be knowing about the bulk import feature of Fedena which allows you to enter the data of all your students into Fedena from an excel sheet saved as csv. But how to prepare this excel sheet containing all the data of students, batches and other fields. If you are doing it manually, it will take more than one day to prepare the sheet. But if you trust your students/parents to input the data correctly, here is an easy method. You can use Google forms and create a spreadsheet which can be uploaded through Data Import. This article will give you a step-by-step description of how you can use Google forms to create Fedena bulk import CSV. We recommend you to watch the Google form introduction video before reading the following steps to understand the method better.
Being the top head of any educational institution, you might sometimes feel the need for feedback about any recent initiatives. For this, there is an easy to use plugin called the Poll plugin available with Fedena which can be used for feedback. Now, lets take a look at how the poll plugin can be used for feedback.
If you login as an admin
If you are the admin, then you need to login using your email id and password. Look for ‘Poll’ after clicking ‘More’. You can create a new poll using the ‘New Poll’ option and a page opens up where you need to fill in all options. The page has three parts-
1. Questions: You have to provide the question along with some descriptions.
2. Answers: Provide the answers for the question you have posted. You can provide multiple answer options by using the option ‘+Add another’. You can also allow other answers as well by ticking the ‘Allow other answer’ option. With this, you actually allow the targeted people to give any other feedback answers if they have.
3. Members: This option lets you select the batches and departments you want to target the feedback question to. One you are done filling up the information, you need to complete it by using the option ‘Post Poll’.
Teachers and students of the departments and batches selected will get a notification about the feedback poll you have created.
If you login as a student
If you are student who has received a notification about the poll, you need to login with student id and password and look for the ‘Poll’ option from ‘More’. In case, you don’t agree with the options of answers given, you can anytime let your answer be heard by going for the option, ‘write own answer’. You will have to write your answer in the tab that comes up on clicking the option. This is the way your can vote your opinion on a certain feedback question posted by the administrator.
1. A poll becomes ‘Closed’ when it is over or you can also manually do it by clicking the ‘Close’ option.
2. Closed polls can only be seen by the admin or any privileged user as assigned by the admin.
3. You can also delete or edit any information you have stored. You can also delete the feedback or poll question with the ‘Delete’ option.
The poll plugin is indeed an amazing feature of Fedena that can help you conduct polls or even track down feedback of students.
The award winning, all-in-one school and college management software, Fedena, has a lot to offer. But what makes this user-friendly next generation software so unique from others? Surely, its amazing features. And some of its distinct but least known features do deserve a mention and in this article, we will help you know 10 such features that can make your Fedena experience all the more fruitful.
1. Automatic login creation for Parents: The very first point that we would point out is the automation in parent login creation. As soon as the admin opens up the account of a new student, the parent of the student will also get a new account automatically. This can also be done by a privileged user as well.For example, when a student is enrolled with an admission number 1002, the student gets the login credential with username 1002 and the parent will get a username P1002.
2. Force password change on first login: Are you worried about the default password of fedena as an extension of 123 to usernames? No more worries. Being the admin, you have the option to allow first time users to change their passwords in their first login only. For this, you need to go to ‘Settings’ after login and go to ‘General Settings’. You have to click the ‘Enable first time login change password’. With this, students who are first time users and go for their maiden login, can change the password to their own.
3. Custom reports: Found your favorite report missing in default reports of Fedena? The very interesting custom report plugin can assist you to create report card of students or employees on the basis of particular information. For example, you can create a report of students who belongs to the blood group of B along with their first names, date of birth and gender. All you need to do is to select the respective info based on which you want to prepare the report chart. To go to Custom Report, you first need to go to ‘More’ and then to “custom report’ and create a ‘New student report’ or a ‘New employee report’. Learn more
4. Custom import: Not sure how to enter all present data to Fedena? Worried about the manual work needed to input employee, library, examination data one by one into Fedena? Being the head of any educational institution, you might have to go through long processes of admission, filling up good number of forms to store every particular detail of students. But with the custom import plugin, it becomes an easier task for you store information of students as it offers you the option of bulk upload by creating a format of your choice using a particular model available. All you need to do is to download the format and use it to store information. Whereas using the Custom import module, you can import Students data with additional details, Employee data, Library book details, Students examination marks. Using the custom import module, you can upload bulk data with user defined fields. Watch a video
5. Internal messaging system: A simple newsletter service for your institution, within Fedena. It is very easy to communicate with staffs and students using the internal messaging system of Fedena. You have the power to create a message and direct to particular student or any batch. The best part about this plugin is that it allows anyone including staffs, students as well as the admin to create message and direct to particular recipients. Automated messages are also directed to staffs and students in some occasions like result publishing, payslip generation, exam schedule and others.
6. Custom additional details for students and employees: You have extra fields for employee and student profile that is missing in Fedena? Do not worry. Sometimes, storing up additional information about new students and employees becomes essential as a part of school rules and regulations. The ‘Add additional admission detail’ option in Fedena is the sure answer to that. You can store up additional informations of both students and employees. There are separate information storing pages for students and employees.
7. Fee import and subject import: You don’t have to waste your valuable time inputting fee and subject details for each of the newly created batches. A fresh and new batch in Fedena can be allotted the same fee structure and the same subject course from the previous batches with the help of this interesting feature of Fedena. This can save lot of man-hours every academic year.
8. Variable fee according to the Subject selection: Want to set different admission fee for different electives? Unlike other ERP software, Fedena offers you the chance to ask students who opt for a particular course. Different application fees can be charged on the basis of the subjects they choose for the exam. There can be different application fees for different students based on the subjects they choose.
Need more? Here are two more secret features of Fedena
+1: The Language Switcher
This one is our favorite and the least known. Each user can set their own specific language to use Fedena, even if the main setting by admin gave English as the default language. Each user can switch to the language by selecting their profile from top-right menu, left to logout button. A parent can use Fedena in Spanish while the main system is in English. Learn more
+2: Action Search
Don’t know how to get the list of Fee Defaulters or Create Timetable? Try the action search in top right. The innovative action search of Fedena allows users to get access to various other features through a simple search. Just type what you want to do with Fedena. All matching actions will be listed quickly.
Here is a small trick to use the data management plugin of fedena as an enquiry plugin to simplify the pre-admission process in your institution.
Koya University was established in 2003 and has developed noticeably. In the year 2010, Koya University underwent complete renovation, right from colleges to faculty systems, in order to enhance the interactions between similar academic fields. Today, the University has 4 faculties and 34 departments in different fields, such as Petroleum Engineering, Geo-technical Engineering, Clinical Psychology, Social Science and Medical Microbiology.
Fedena is now available in Italian. This translation is provided by Lucio lamele, system programmer, designer,senior Systems Engineer and network manager at Molise Dati in Molise Region Italy. Lucio talks about Fedena.
Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself (& your company)?
Lucio: I hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from the University of Perugia (Italy) and I had graduated in the year, 2004. Presently, I am working with Molise Dati in Molise Region (Italy) as a system programmer, designer,senior Systems Engineer and network manager.
Q: What you liked about Fedena?
Lucio: Fedena is very nice and has great potential. I think, schools should use open source tools and contribute to the development of the education system.
Q: What improvements you want to see in Fedena?
Lucio: The improvements that I really want to see in Fedena is the ability to create your own CV with personal experiences, developments in the reporting of costs as well as integration with LDAP.
Q:What you think the future of education is going to be?
Lucio: I do not know. For me, the education sector is a new experience.
Q: Anyone helped you with translation?
Lucio: The translation was made by me and my colleague, Valentina Incollingo has helped me with corrections. As you can see, I’m not very good with the English language.