What comes to your mind when you hear the word ‘library’? The information it gives, right? While there are people who take libraries as a place to get all the information required, be it for school projects, for personal research or any work assignments. But for many others, it’s a heaven for them to sit and spent hours among books. So, whatever is the reason for your visit to a library, see below which are the best libraries in the world.
Any amount coming to your institute is always an income; but at times, you might have to pay tax and cess for the amount that you receive. It really becomes a tough task when you have to calculate the certain percentage on the amount every time it is received. But, when your school is powered by Fedena, you should not worry about all these trivial issues. The Auto Transaction feature of Fedena helps you set a percentage that you want to divide as a tax on the amount received as income. Hence, you enter the amount you received as an income, and go to report which will display the final income received after deducting the percentage of tax as expenses.
- Firstly, login to your Fedena account and go to ‘More’ and then to ‘Finance’ and finally to ‘Automatic Transactions’. Once you are in ‘Automatic Transactions’, you need to create a new auto transaction.
- Write the category, percentage of amount to be deducted and also the description of the transaction you are creating. After creating a new transaction, you need to go back to ‘Finance’ and then to ‘Transactions’ to create a new income event and see how the tax is being deducted.
- Click on ‘Add income’ and you get a page where you have to fill in all necessary details in order to create the new income.
- When you ‘Save’, you are allowed to go back to ‘Transactions’ and get the report for which you need to select the time limit for which you need the report. You get the report that will show the tax or any cess has been deducted and the final amount that you receive as income.
- Thus, you have a smarter way to calculate taxes and cess to get the final income after deduction. Then, why use critical mathematical calculations for it?
The admin of any institute has a lot to manage. What would he do if he needs to send out some information to the teachers and students? This is where Fedena – your school management software comes to your help. Award winning Fedena allows you to send messages across teachers and students or any particular student or teacher easily without the hassle of using notices. Now that there is a better way to do it, then why stick to the old notice board which at times fails to notify the way it should be.
If you are a Fedena user, you can use the messaging system to notify or send any message to your students and teachers. This article will guide you through the process of creating and sending messages.
How to create and send messages using Fedena
- If you are admin, just login to your Fedena account and go to the ‘Messages’ option to the top right corner of the dashboard and click.
- Once you click on ‘Messages’, you will be taken to a separate page which asks you to select ‘Create’ in order to create message and send them to whoever you want to.
- Clicking ‘Create’ will take you to the page where you have to write the message and select the recipients to whom the messages are to be sent.
- Select the department as well as the staffs you want to send messages or you can ‘Select All’ if the message is meant for all. The same goes for students and type the subject of the message and the message itself before sending. When the recipient receives messages, he/she can see all unread messages in bold.
This messaging facility is equally useful for students and teachers who want to send messages to the admin and to other teachers and students. For a faster and easier way to get connected to your students and staffs, use the messaging system of Fedena.
A newly established institution located at Korangi Creek, Karachi, sprawling over an impressive 70, 000 sq feet of space, KITE or Karachi Institute of Technology and Entrepreneurship offers all state-of-the-art facilities including interactive classrooms, lecture theaters and seminar rooms that help students to pursue the best of education. KITE aims to be ‘tech-centric’ and for this, they have one ‘E-library’ that has a great collection of online materials and books. A lot of focus is also put on sports and other curricular activities as well and they have the sports area that facilitates all kind of sport activities, both indoor and outdoor.
Importance has also been laid on the ecosystem of interdisciplinary education, applied knowledge and entrepreneurship for which KITE offers a Technology Incubation Center (KITE-TIC) and Professional Development Center (KITE-PDC). These are efforts to boost among students, practical work experience, academia-industry research and continued learning.
You can visit KITE at: http://kite.edu.pk/
Are you the head of your institute, and have to create reports on students which are not the typical reports showing the marks of exams? Instead, there might be situations when you have to create a report to know about students engaged in different activities in school. When you have a cultural event at your school and you have to find out students who are active in cultural activities and this becomes a difficult task if you have to find the information by personally asking each and every student. But with Fedena, your stress is reduced to just a custom report that can be made in the easiest possible way. Read on this article as we share with you how to create custom reports with the help of Fedena.
Here is a report requirement that is not available in Fedena by default :
Suppose, you are looking for students in different school houses (for instance Red House, Blue House, Green house and Yellow House) who can contribute to the upcoming Teacher’s Day celebration at your school with some cultural activities. Now, how you find it out using Fedena.
Steps to create the required custom report
Step 1: The very first thing that you need to do is to create an additional field, something called as ‘Interested in cultural events’ and for this, you need to go to ‘Settings’ in dashboard and then to ‘Add Admission additional detail’. You can create another additional field as ‘House’.
You can ask your students to fill this additional field during the time of their admission or can even edit the student profiles later.
Step 2: Once you have created the new additional field, you need to go to ‘More’ and then to ‘Custom Report’. Click on ‘New Student Report’ to create a new custom student report.
Step 3: You have to name the new report and select the fields of which you want the report. Like, in this case, you are looking for students in different school houses who can take part in the cultural event. You might need the Admission number of the students along with the First Name, Batch, Gender, which House and if Interested in Cultural Events.
Step 4: After you save it, you have to get the report for which you have to select the respected report and click on ‘Show Report’.
You can see the report and can also get a ‘Print’ of it. Or ‘Export CSV’ of the same.
So, whatever custom report you want to make with student information, you can easily do it with Custom Report plugin of Fedena. You can do it yourself or you can also give this privilege to any employee of your institution to do the same.
When you need to manage different users of your institution in Fedena, you just need to login with your id. Being the admin, you have the power to manage your employees, all you need to do is, go to the Dashboard and then to ‘Manage Users’ in Dashboard.
You can assign different privileges to your employees. For this, you need to search the respective employee and go to ‘Edit Privilege’.
- School/College Name: You need to enter the name of your school or college.
- School/College Address: The address of your institution.
- School/College Phone: The contact number for your institution.
- Student Attendance Type: You can set the attendance type as subject wise or a daily attendance both of which are provided in dropdown. In case of daily attendance, the attendance can be taken daily (forenoon and afternoon).
- Financial year start date: With the help of the dropdown calendar, you can set the date for the start of the financial year of your institution.
- Financial year end date: A dropdown calendar will help you set the end date for the financial year.
- Starting receipt number: You can set a starting receipt number for the receipts of transactions you received under the finance category. You can name it anything like Xaviers1 and it is auto incremented.
- Language: Set the language you want. Fedena offers a whole set of languages to choose from the dropdown.
- Time zone: Select the time zone you are in from the dropdown.
- Country: Mention the country you are in.
- Currency type: It’s important to set the currency using which all transactions will be carried on in your institution.
- Upload logo: You can easily upload the logo of your institution and this will allow you to have the logo of your school in the header of all generated reports. But keep in mind, the logo should have a maximum size of 500KB and resolution of 150×110.
- Network State: The network state will be Online in case the application is communication with an SMTP server via internet. If not, then select Offline.
- Include Grading Systems: You can select any of the grading formats for examinations conducted in your institution.
- Moodle URL: Integrate your Moodle data with Fedena with the help of this option.
- Select theme: Fedena offers you a list of themes to select from.
- Enable auto increment student admission number: This option can let you increment the student admission number in admission forms automatically.
- Enable auto increment employee number: Just like the option above, this option too lets you enable auto increment employee number during the time of their recruitment automatically.
- Enable News Comment moderation: Only when the admin or the privileged employee approves a comment then it will be visible to other users if this field is checked.
- Enable sibling: When this option is chosen, the system will automatically ask for siblings if any during the time of admission of any new student.
- Enable first time login change password: When this option is chosen, any user will be asked to change the password when he/she logins for the first time to the system.
- Enable Oauth: When you select this option, you will be allowed single sign on using your personal Gmail account. This will allow you to log into Fedena using your Google account.