Send out admission registration forms and forgot the old process where the student needed to collect admission forms and the office staff had to fill in details for every student. Use Applicant Registration plugin by Fedena School ERP. This plugin makes the entire registration process way easier. All you need to do is publish the URL of the registration form on your website, where student can go directly and fill up their registration form. Read the article to know how this amazing plugin by Fedena School ERP works. Continue reading “Fedena Applicant Registration Plugin for Simpler Admissions”
Who said homeschooled kids never learn how to deal with society; are nonathletic, culturally backward and negative in their approach? There are lot of known faces in the society who have spent most part of their education life at home, getting home schooled by their parents, yet achieved equal degree of fame through their talents. Their achievements have proved that it is the knowledge that one posses and individual talent that makes one stand out of the lot, irrespective of whether one is educated in a mainstream school or a homeschooler. Check out the list as we bring to you 5 prominent faces in the society who are homeschoolers and achieved name or say, notoriety with their individual characteristics and skill. Continue reading “5 Famous Homeschoolers of the World”
We are conducting a free webinar featuring the core modules of Fedena School Management Software on December 6, 2013 Friday at 4:30 AM GMT. The webinar will explain how the core modules of Fedena work and how you can use them best in your institute. It is open to all and will be followed by a question answer session.
Core Modules to be covered:
- Courses and Batches
- Human Resources
- Student Attendance
- Multiple Dashboards
- Student Admission
- News Management
- User Management
- School/Event Calendar
- Student Information
- Teacher/Student/Parent Login
- Messaging System
How to join the webinar:
1. Go to: https://global.gotomeeting.com/meeting/join/464041165
2. Meeting ID: 464-041-165
3. You will be connected to audio using your computer’s microphone and speakers (VoIP). A headset is recommended.
Please note that you will be a passive listener (your audio will be muted) during the webcast. You can ask questions once the training is finished. You would need Windows based OS (XP, Vista, 7 or 8) to attend this training.
Admission to the webinar will be on a first come, first serve basis, 25 spots available. We request you to be on time.
As a prerequisite, please go through our support portal, http://support.fedena.com/solution/categories/16434
There are times when a school needs to collect fees for special events, Fedena’s ‘Instant fees’ plugin allows you to do that in just few simple steps. ‘Instant fees’ allows you to do all the management related to this type of temporary fees that might include donation for new school building, money for relief fund, teacher’s day collection, etc. This kind of fee is quite different from the one that is paid as monthly fee and needs to be dealt with separately. Use this plugin and your task of managing these fees becomes easier.
How to use Instant Fees
You can reach Instant Fees in the Dashboard through ‘More’, then to ‘Finance’ and finally to ‘Fees’. You will find the ‘Instant Fees’ option on the ‘Fees’ page. Once you click ‘Instant Fees’, it will take you to the respective page.
The options available for Instant Fee management
Manage Instant Fees: This option allows you to manage the instant fees, right from creating category to adding particulars to the category. You can create new category using the ‘Add category’ option available. Click on ‘Add category’ and you get the page where you need to add all the details for the category.
When you need to add particular to the category, click on the particular category you have created and land on the page that offers you the option for adding particulars.
Pay Fees: When anyone pays the instant fees, you can mark that in the ‘Instant Fees’ section with the help of the ‘Pay Fees’ option. Select the payee and also the type of payee and click on the name.
Select the category for which the fee has been collected and click on ‘Pay Fees’ to mark the student among the ones who have paid. You can also print a receipt if you want with the ‘Print receipt’ option.
Transactions: The ‘Transactions’ option lets you know the details of all the transactions that have taken place in the particular category. Select the category and the details of all the transactions.
As you can see, you have to put a start and end date for the category to get the details of all the transactions. You can also revert back any particular transaction that has already taken place with the help of the cross sign available by each name.
To know more about Fedena student management software, Try the Free Demo today!
Managing subjects and assigning them to students is made easy with Fedena student information system and its subject management feature. Create your own subjects, be it a normal subject or the ones that are available as electives using this amazing feature by the award-winning school management software. Read through and you will know how you can create and assign subjects to students.
How to Create and Assign Subjects with Fedena Student Information System
Login to your Fedena student information system account and go to ‘Manage Subject’ in ‘Settings’ option in Dashboard and you land on a page that will ask you to select a batch. Once you select the batch, you get the details about what all normal subjects and elective groups that you can create for the particular batch. If you want to add normal subjects, then click on ‘Add Normal subject’. For creating new elective group, click on ‘New Elective Group’ under which you create new subjects as elective subjects.
Once you create the elective group, you have the option to create new subjects under the group for which you need to click on ‘Add’ on the right-hand side. For e.g- we have created an elective group named ‘Pass paper’ under which we need to add new subjects.
For subjects in elective group, you need to assign students to it. Whoever you want to assign, you need to go to the individual subject and assign students.
To assign everyone in the list, click on ‘Assign All’. To remove all the assigned student, click on ‘remove All’ and there options to remove or assign individual students that can be found by each of the name. Once you create subjects, you can move to your next step where you can create timetables for your students and conduct exams too.
Fedena is a complete student information system that lets you manage student data very easily. If you run a school and want to install Fedena, get in touch with us at: http://www.fedena.com/contact
Using comics in education has been seen as a tool to instigate motivation among children. Whether usage of comics in education is actually doing any good or not, has been a long standing point of discussion among many. Various studies and researches have been carried out to prove the fact that comics can indeed grab the attention of students. The academic potential of comics was a topic of research when W.W.D. Sones, a professor with the University of Pittsburgh in 1940’s carried on a series of researches with comic books in education. Continue reading “Education is Fun with Comics!”
What will happen in case you forget your Fedena login details? No need to worry as we bring to you a smart solution to it. We present Fedena’s Google app integration that saves you from the ordeal of losing your username and password. It lets you login your Fedena school management software account using your Google login details. If you have a Gmail account, use it to login your Fedena account. All these details are available as you go through the article.
Google Integration in Fedena School Management Software
Being the admin of your Fedena school, you have to change the General Settings to let users (students and employees of your school) use the facilities of Google app integration. For this, you need to go to ‘Settings’ in Dashboard and then to ‘General Settings’ in it. In ‘General Settings’, you have to click on ‘Enable Oauth’ which will offer the users with the option of using their Gmail login details. (Admin can get access to the ‘Enable Oauth’ option only when the ‘Oauth’ plugin is enabled).
Once ‘Enable Oauth’ is opted, users like teachers, students and other employees will have the option to login with Google login. So, when they try to login to their Fedena account, they will get an option of logging with Google account.
On clicking the option, users will be able to login with Google account details.
Login and get a confirmation page.
Click on ‘Accept’ and being the user, you login to your account. You can access your Google Docs through your Fedena account for which you need to select the ‘Google Docs’ option in ‘Settings’. You can see your Google Docs as well as upload new ones too!
Google app integration is available for all- teachers, students, parents and other employees too in the school.
Apps are no more just for fun; they have become important source of knowledge too! There are in fact, plenty of educational apps available that can help your learning, both for your iPad and your Android device. Check out some of the interesting apps available for Android devices and your iPad.
5 interesting apps for iPad
1. Best Books for Tweens: Ideal for parents, librarians and teachers of students from the fifth and sixth grades, Best Books for Tweens is the most useful app to get info about the best books available for these standards. Add any book to your list with tags like ‘I want this’ or ‘I’ve read this’. You can also email your list to show the books you have completed reading and which you want.
2. Evernote: Another great app for iPad is the Evernote, a free app that helps you store your ideas. Take down all notes, create your own to-do list, take photos and even create voice recorded reminders and use them at your ease, be it at home or at work!
3. Edmodo: Its now easy for teachers and students to get connected with each other with the help of Edmodo and share any information. Both participants can exchange notes, messages and post replies, submit assignments and share info about upcoming events, even when not in classroom.
4. Khan Academy: More than 3500 video materials are available at your use, free of cost. And it doesn’t matter who you are- a teacher, a student, a school head or even an individual who is returning to studies after long gap, this app is just perfect for you.
5. TeacherKit: Exclusively for teachers, this app acts as an organizer that allows proper organisation of classes and students as well. With a simple and easy-to-use interface, teachers are able to take attendance, record grades and even behavior of students.
5 interesting apps in Android
1. Duolingo: Learn languages like French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and English, all for free. No gimmicks, no ads and fun to learn, Duolingo was noted as ‘Far and away the best free language-learning app’ by The Wall Street Journal.
2. Chemistry Helper: For any quick reference to chemistry, check this app that includes periodic table linked to Wikipedia, a table of polyatomic ions, constants, solubility rules, a tool to calculate molecular masses of compounds (with the help of a button at the top to do simple grams/moles calculations, calculate mass percents and do stoichiometry with that compound), a table of reduction potentials, compound lookup that links to major chemical search engines (and wikipedia, of course), organic chemistry functional groups and a whole lot of others.
3. uVocab- Vocabulary Trainer: Ideal for competitive exams like SAT/GRE/GMAT, uVocab lets you improve your knowledge of vocabulary through realistic tests to keep a track of your progress. A customizable UI and a collection of some 5000 quality words, this app is surely the one to help you with learning new words.
4. Math Formulary: This app includes all necessary formulas that are in use in school and university. Some topics are well described with the help of graphics that makes it easy to learn. Math Formulary includes content covering areas of maths like geometry, basic arithmetic, algebra, logic, trigonometry and analytical geometry. It supports SD-Card installation and is also available in other languages like Spanish, German and French.
5. Anatomy 3D- Anatronica: A 3D description of the skeletal and muscular anatomy along with an interactive touch interface in 3D, this app offers Grays and Wikipedia anatomy information too!
Managing fees is now an easy task to accomplish and thanks to Fedena School Management Software for it. Being the head of the school, managing the fees of so many students with special fee structures for selected some and collecting the names of fee defaulters, is surely not an easy task to carry out alone. But with the fee management option of Fedena, managing fees is not a tough job now. Read the article and know what are the ways available with Fedena to manage fees of your students.
You can reach to fees management through ‘More’ in dashboard and then to ‘Finance’ which will take you to ‘Fees’. Click on ‘fees’ and you will get the page with all the options about fee management there.
The different categories in ‘Manage Fees’
Create Fees: Clicking on ‘Create Fees’ will take you to the page where you will get the options to create the different categories for fees.
The ‘Create Category’ section will let you create the Master Category for fees and select the batch you want to apply the fees. ‘Create Particulars’ will help you create the different particulars for the master fee and select the particular batch you chose for the master fee. While, ‘Create discount’ lets you create fee discount options for any particular student or a batch.
Schedule Fee collection: You can create new fee collecting dates with the help of this option. Create your own fee collection dates for any of the fee category you have created. Plus, get all the fee collection dates for any particular batch you want to see.
Collect the Fees: Whenever there is a fee submission, you can mark it in your Fedena school Management software, either by course or for each individual student. Select the batch and the fee collection date when you want to make fee submission by course and click ‘Pay Fees’ for the students of the batch. If required, you can print the receipt of the payment too.
Fees Structure: Choose the student name and get the fee detail of the respective student.
Fees Defaulters: Get the names of all the students who are fee defaulters. Click on ‘Fees Defaulters’ and select the course, batch and also the fee collection date to know about the students who are yet to pay the fees for the respective fee collection date.
Fee Imports: Select a batch and any particular student and change any fee collection category for the student.
Fedena School Management Software is very easy and simple to use. Sign up for free demo now!
Sending messages to students, teachers and parents is now an easy task to accomplish and thanks to award-winning student management system, Fedena which allows you send messages to all of the above mentioned recipients, individually or through automated mode. Read this article and know what the messaging system of Fedena has to offer you.
You find the ‘SMS module’ in ‘Settings’ and you need to click on ‘Application’ in ‘SMS settings’ page. Once it is selected, it will activate the ‘SMS Home’ page, the screenshot of which is shown below.
SMS Settings: On clicking this, you will be taken to the settings page where you need to click on application to update the details of the sms settings that you have purchased. The other ‘General SMS Settings’ options are also there which you need to select according to your needs. ‘Student Admission’, ‘Exam Schedule/Result’, ‘Attendance’ and ‘Events’ are the sections when selected, will generate messages to send to employees, students or parents, whoever is selected. Whoever you select to send the SMS, will appear in the SMS settings page.
Send SMS to Batches: If you want to send messages to a particular batch, you can use this.
SMS to Employee departments: Select any of the department employees that you want to send message to and write the message in the message box provided below.
SMS logs: If you want to see the details and history of the messages already sent, then click on SMS logs and you get all the details.
Send SMS to students: When you want to send messages to students, click on the batch and the particular students or select ‘All’.
Send SMS to employees: Just like students, you send messages to employees as well and the respective department.
Send SMS to all: Send messages to all- students, employees and parents with this option.
The SMS settings is not available with Fedena. You need to buy from SMS API providers and use it with Fedena school management system. Read more: http://support.fedena.com/support/solutions/articles/69728-how-to-do-an-sms-setting-
Education has always been a strong subject in movies, with most of the movies highlighting common issues in school and colleges like equality in education, teacher-student bonding and a whole lot of other issues that are tackled well. At times, these movies carry a strong message for everyone and today, we have selected 10 such movies that have celebrated education in the best possible way. Continue reading “10 Movies on Education that we all Loved”
The award-winning student information system, Fedena is user-friendly and offers modules and features that are easy to deal with. Being the head of your school, you have to manage a lot of things, sometimes working out of the way to make things fall in place. Searching through the vast database of student information is indeed a tough task to do. But with Fedena, the task is a lot easy as it offers smarter and better ways to search for students. Read this article and know how the different ways available with Fedena facilitates your search for students.
Different ways to search a Student with Fedena Student Information System
With Fedena, you search for students very easily, with the help of the various ways that are available in the software.
1. Search students using their admission number: You can search about any particular student if you have his/her admission number with you. For this, you need to go to ‘Dashboard’ and click on ‘Students Details’, it will take you to the search page where you can type the admission number and search for the student.
2. Search students using the first name or the last name: If you have the first name or the last name of a particular student that you want to search for, you can use the ‘Search’ option to do so. Below are two screenshots for searching students with first name and last name respectively.
3. Search students using the action search option in top menu: The action search option is available in top right. Type the first name or the last name of the student and find the respective student. When you type the first or last name of the student, make sure you select the option ‘Search students’, when you are looking for student.
4. Advanced Search: This is a great option when you want to search for students on the basis of any particular information like blood group and country. You can go to ‘Advanced Search’ via ‘Students Details’ and clicking on ‘Advanced’ available on the top right.
5. Search Former Students: You can also search for former students using the ‘Student Details’ search option. ‘Advanced Search’ also offers you the chance to search for former students.