You might be knowing about the bulk import feature of Fedena which allows you to enter the data of all your students into Fedena from an excel sheet saved as csv. But how to prepare this excel sheet containing all the data of students, batches and other fields. If you are doing it manually, it will take more than one day to prepare the sheet. But if you trust your students/parents to input the data correctly, here is an easy method. You can use Google forms and create a spreadsheet which can be uploaded through Data Import. This article will give you a step-by-step description of how you can use Google forms to create Fedena bulk import CSV. We recommend you to watch the Google form introduction video before reading the following steps to understand the method better.
Step 1: The first step requires you to login to your gmail account and go to ‘Drive’. Then, in ‘Drive’, click on to ‘Create’ and then ‘Forms’ to create the form with different items to send it to students to fill it.
Step 2: You get an ‘Untitled form’ which you need to fill up with the necessary information. But first, you need to name the form and then proceed towards filling up necessary items. For example, we have named the form as ‘Admission 2013-2014’. You need to add ‘Description’, ‘Question title’, the ‘Help Text’ in case, you want to describe the ‘Question title’, the ‘Question type’ and then tick the ‘Required question’ if its an important field for students to answer. You can select from the different options available for ‘Question Type’ based on the kind of answer you want.
Step 3: You can add many more items by clicking the ‘Add item’ bar under different item names like ‘Names’, ‘Blood Group’, ‘Date of birth’, ‘Gender’ and so on. It must be noted that with every item, the ‘Question Type’ for each will change accordingly. For example, when you choose something like ‘Blood Group’ or ‘Gender’, the Question type won’t be a Text bar. Instead, it can be something like checkboxes.
Step 4: Once you are done filling up all the items you wanted, you have to send the form to the respected students by using the ‘Send form’ option at the bottom of the page. Or else, you can copy the link of the form from the tab and email it to the students. When they fill up the form, you will receive the filled up forms as responses.
Step 5: To extract the responses in excel sheet, click on to ‘Choose response destination’ which gives you the option of getting all the information in one spreadsheet. All you need to do is to click on to ‘Create’. After the spreadsheet is created, you receive an option like ‘View responses’ which on selection, will give you the spreadsheet.
Step 6: Once you have the completed spreadsheet, you can upload it to ‘Data Imports’. For this, you need to login to Fedena and go to ‘More’ in dashboard. After, you need to go to ‘Data Imports’ and upload the spreadsheet for the respective batch which you need to create first.
Thus, all information related to new admission are stored in your system without much hustle. When you have advantages like this, why spend time in writing down each and every detail carefully. Change to Fedena and see the difference!
Being the top head of any educational institution, you might sometimes feel the need for feedback about any recent initiatives. For this, there is an easy to use plugin called the Poll plugin available with Fedena which can be used for feedback. Now, lets take a look at how the poll plugin can be used for feedback.
If you login as an admin
If you are the admin, then you need to login using your email id and password. Look for ‘Poll’ after clicking ‘Collaboration’. You can create a new poll using the ‘New Poll’ option and a page opens up where you need to fill in all options. The page has three parts-
1. Questions: You have to provide the question along with some descriptions.
2. Answers: Provide the answers for the question you have posted. You can provide multiple answer options by using the option ‘+Add another’. You can also allow other answers as well by ticking the ‘Allow other answer’ option. With this, you actually allow the targeted people to give any other feedback answers if they have.
3. Members: This option lets you select the batches and departments you want to target the feedback question to. One you are done filling up the information, you need to complete it by using the option ‘Post Poll’.
Teachers and students of the departments and batches selected will get a notification about the feedback poll you have created.
If you login as a student
If you are student who has received a notification about the poll, you need to login with student id and password and look for the ‘Poll’ option from ‘More’. In case, you don’t agree with the options of answers given, you can anytime let your answer be heard by going for the option, ‘write own answer’. You will have to write your answer in the tab that comes up on clicking the option. This is the way your can vote your opinion on a certain feedback question posted by the administrator.
Points to remember
1. A poll becomes ‘Closed’ when it is over or you can also manually do it by clicking the ‘Close’ option.
2. Closed polls can only be seen by the admin or any privileged user as assigned by the admin.
3. You can also delete or edit any information you have stored. You can also delete the feedback or poll question with the ‘Delete’ option.
Poll Module Video: To provide a better understanding of Poll module workflow
The poll plugin is indeed an amazing feature of Fedena that can help you conduct polls or even track down the feedback of students.
Here is a small trick to use the data management plugin of Fedena as an inquiry plugin to simplify the pre-admission process in your institution.
It always becomes a little messy at the time of new admissions for any educational institution, especially with all that paperwork. But, can we make it simpler and smarter? Yes, we can. With the help of the Data Management Fedena plugin, we can easily use it as an inquiry plugin. This particular feature of Fedena will sure be a great help to people in charge of presiding over admission related issues, like front-office administrators. In this article, we will deal with details about how this Fedena plugin can be used as an information storing medium.
How to use data management module?
After you log in as an admin or as someone gave the privilege to access data management plugin (only an admin can give the privilege to someone to access extra plugins like data management), you can easily enter new data by clicking the ‘New’ button. You need to fill in with details like, if you are storing information related to admission, you can name it as ‘Admission Inquiries’. Then, you can select ‘Field name’ under which you can categorize the inquiry details. Select the “Input Method’ with the option you want. There are three options for “Input Method’- ‘Text Box’ where you have to type the text; ‘Select Box’ will offer options to select and the “Check Box’ will let you select any of the options with a ‘tick mark.’ See picture below for further reference:
You can keep on adding fields if you want by clicking ‘Add field’ sign. When all the information related to various fields have been added, you need to ‘save’ it. Once you are done saving all the field heads to store in information under categories, you can easily put in new entries, for which select ‘New Entry’. The image below shows how it will come up:
Fill in all the details you need to store under each category and ‘save’ it. The saved format will give you the info in one page. It will appear like this:
You can also edit any information that you have stored or delete it with the help of the ‘Edit|Delete’
Use the ‘New Entry’ option to enter new entry information. If you want to print the page, use the ‘Print’ option.
The days of using pen and paper to store information like is over. A smarter way to do the same is here, Fedena’s Data Management plugin. Store all your enquiries related to any event using this plugin, effortlessly!
Fedena brings to you the all new Disciplinary Plugin that confers to you the power to control students’ discipline. This plugin let students discuss their problems with their teachers and also allow the teachers to register complaints against students as well. The complaint includes the following sections-
Only the admin and the ‘privileged’ employee have the right to register the complaint and the juries can take the decision. So, if any student wants to register a complaint against anyone, he/she has to get in touch with the admin or ‘privileged’ employee to do so.
Discipline Module Video: To provide a better understanding of Discipline module workflow
We have released two new plugin for Fedena Pro. Inventory module to take care of the inventory of the institution and registration module to improvise the pre-admission process.
Inventory module adds lot of functionality in managing indents and purchasing items for your institution. Entire process is tracked and can be analysed in future for verification.
The workflow of the inventory module is given below.
Registration Module (Pre-admission/Application)
Registration module allows you to create a public registration form available for anyone to submit their applications to join the institution. Registration module has customizable registration form with basic field and list views with filters.
This module helps you to create a paperless admission process that saves money and time.
Task module is used to assign tasks to staff by their managers. Also, staff can assign a task to their Students. Here if a task is assigned to an employee they can see it by logging into their profile. They can update the task and can post comments in it. The task module is briefly explained below:
Learn how to create and assign a task to employees or students them:
1. After logging into the dashboard, in ‘collaboration’ go to the ‘tasks’. For assigning a new task to an employee click “new task” option.
2. For creating a new task first of all the title should be given, then the description, department, course and the start and end date should be entered.
3. On “all task” page you can see the list of tasks has assigned by you. If there are any updates/comments need to be posted it can be done under that task.
4. The admin can see the list of tasks assigned by him/her under the section ‘Tasks assigned by me’ in “all tasks” page. The status of the task can be seen against each task. It can be either Assigned status or completed status.
5. The admin can see the list of users to whom the task is assigned. For that go to the “all task” page, click on the Tasks, next you will land upon the Event list.
6. There you can click on Assigned to option to view the list.
7. Once the assigned user submits the update on task, the admin can mark the task as completed. This can be done by clicking on ‘Mark As completed’ link just above the task description.
8. If the task is already completed and after that, the user feels that the task is still not completed, the status of the task can be marked back to ‘Assigned’.
9. Once the task is assigned, the employee/student can see the tasks assigned to him/her by logging into their profile. Login to the profile and click on ‘Tasks’ under the ‘collaboration’ option or click on the notification bell icon at the top left corner.
Under ‘Tasks assigned to me’ section, the user can see the tasks that are assigned. Click on the respective task and the user can see the task description. The user can post the update/comment. If needed the user can upload attachments.
Discussion module helps the students, teachers to interact with each other and they can share their views through posting comments in it, the members of the group get the privilege to see the posts and they are allowed to comment to the posts. The admin gets the privilege to delete the unwanted posts and the employees can delete posts which are posted by them. Working of Discussion module is as follows.
1. Go to “Discussion” through “collaboration”. Once you reach on the Discussion page, there you can see all post, groups, an option to create a new group.
2. Click on the “Create Group” option, next add the group name and select the department and course, save it
3. Next, add title and description around which you would like to have a discussion, attach image and description for more details.
4. When invited members, login to their Fedena account, in notification bell icon they can see invite or in collaboration >> under discussion>> by clicking on “My Group” they can participate in the discussion by sharing their comment.
Discussion Module Video: To provide a better understanding on Discussion module workflow.