The Library plugin of Fedena manages your institute’s library by providing login access to students and teachers to search for available books and order them from anywhere and anytime. All they need is internet. But for this module to work in full efficiency, you need to have all the library details stored in Fedena. You can import your book list in bulk to your Fedena by using the magical custom import plugin, this article reveals the steps on how to do it.
You might be knowing about the bulk import feature of Fedena which allows you to enter the data of all your students into Fedena from an excel sheet saved as csv. But how to prepare this excel sheet containing all the data of students, batches and other fields. If you are doing it manually, it will take more than one day to prepare the sheet. But if you trust your students/parents to input the data correctly, here is an easy method. You can use Google forms and create a spreadsheet which can be uploaded through Data Import. This article will give you a step-by-step description of how you can use Google forms to create Fedena bulk import CSV. We recommend you to watch the Google form introduction video before reading the following steps to understand the method better.
If you login as an admin
If you are the admin, then you need to login using your email id and password. Look for ‘Poll’ after clicking ‘Collaboration’. You can create a new poll using the ‘New Poll’ option and a page opens up where you need to fill in all options. The page has three parts-
1. Questions: You have to provide the question along with some descriptions.
2. Answers: Provide the answers for the question you have posted. You can provide multiple answer options by using the option ‘+Add another’. You can also allow other answers as well by ticking the ‘Allow other answer’ option. With this, you actually allow the targeted people to give any other feedback answers if they have.
3. Members: This option lets you select the batches and departments you want to target the feedback question to. One you are done filling up the information, you need to complete it by using the option ‘Post Poll’.
Teachers and students of the departments and batches selected will get a notification about the feedback poll you have created.
If you login as a student
If you are student who has received a notification about the poll, you need to login with student id and password and look for the ‘Poll’ option from ‘More’. In case, you don’t agree with the options of answers given, you can anytime let your answer be heard by going for the option, ‘write own answer’. You will have to write your answer in the tab that comes up on clicking the option. This is the way your can vote your opinion on a certain feedback question posted by the administrator.
Points to remember
1. A poll becomes ‘Closed’ when it is over or you can also manually do it by clicking the ‘Close’ option.
2. Closed polls can only be seen by the admin or any privileged user as assigned by the admin.
3. You can also delete or edit any information you have stored. You can also delete the feedback or poll question with the ‘Delete’ option.
The poll plugin is indeed an amazing feature of Fedena that can help you conduct polls or even track down the feedback of students.
The award winning, all-in-one school and college management software, Fedena, has a lot to offer. But what makes this user-friendly next generation software so unique from others? Surely, its amazing features. And some of its distinct but least known features do deserve a mention and in this article, we will help you know 10 such features that can make your Fedena experience all the more fruitful.
1. Automatic login creation for Parents: The very first point that we would point out is the automation in parent login creation. As soon as the admin opens up the account of a new student, the parent of the student will also get a new account automatically. This can also be done by a privileged user as well.For example, when a student is enrolled with an admission number 1002, the student gets the login credential with username 1002 and the parent will get a username P1002.
2. Force password change on first login: Are you worried about the default password of fedena as an extension of 123 to usernames? No more worries. Being the admin, you have the option to allow first time users to change their passwords in their first login only. For this, you need to go to ‘Settings’ after login and go to ‘General Settings’. You have to click the ‘Enable first time login change password’. With this, students who are first time users and go for their maiden login, can change the password to their own.
3. Custom reports: Found your favorite report missing in default reports of Fedena? The very interesting custom report plugin can assist you to create report card of students or employees on the basis of particular information. For example, you can create a report of students who belongs to the blood group of B along with their first names, date of birth and gender. All you need to do is to select the respective info based on which you want to prepare the report chart. To go to Custom Report, you first need to go to ‘More’ and then to “custom report’ and create a ‘New student report’ or a ‘New employee report’. Learn more
4. Custom import: Not sure how to enter all present data to Fedena? Worried about the manual work needed to input employee, library, examination data one by one into Fedena? Being the head of any educational institution, you might have to go through long processes of admission, filling up good number of forms to store every particular detail of students. But with the custom import plugin, it becomes an easier task for you store information of students as it offers you the option of bulk upload by creating a format of your choice using a particular model available. All you need to do is to download the format and use it to store information. Whereas using the Custom import module, you can import Students data with additional details, Employee data, Library book details, Students examination marks. Using the custom import module, you can upload bulk data with user defined fields. Watch a video
5. Internal messaging system: A simple newsletter service for your institution, within Fedena. It is very easy to communicate with staffs and students using the internal messaging system of Fedena. You have the power to create a message and direct to particular student or any batch. The best part about this plugin is that it allows anyone including staffs, students as well as the admin to create message and direct to particular recipients. Automated messages are also directed to staffs and students in some occasions like result publishing, payslip generation, exam schedule and others.
6. Custom additional details for students and employees: You have extra fields for employee and student profile that is missing in Fedena? Do not worry. Sometimes, storing up additional information about new students and employees becomes essential as a part of school rules and regulations. The ‘Add additional admission detail’ option in Fedena is the sure answer to that. You can store up additional informations of both students and employees. There are separate information storing pages for students and employees.
7. Fee import and subject import: You don’t have to waste your valuable time inputting fee and subject details for each of the newly created batches. A fresh and new batch in Fedena can be allotted the same fee structure and the same subject course from the previous batches with the help of this interesting feature of Fedena. This can save lot of man-hours every academic year.
8. Variable fee according to the Subject selection: Want to set different admission fee for different electives? Unlike other ERP software, Fedena offers you the chance to ask students who opt for a particular course. Different application fees can be charged on the basis of the subjects they choose for the exam. There can be different application fees for different students based on the subjects they choose.
Need more? Here are two more secret features of Fedena
+1: The Language Switcher
This one is our favorite and the least known. Each user can set their own specific language to use Fedena, even if the main setting by admin gave English as the default language. Each user can switch to the language by selecting their profile from top-right menu, left to logout button. A parent can use Fedena in Spanish while the main system is in English. Learn more
+2: Action Search
Don’t know how to get the list of Fee Defaulters or Create Timetable? Try the action search in top right. The innovative action search of Fedena allows users to get access to various other features through a simple search. Just type what you want to do with Fedena. All matching actions will be listed quickly.
Now that you have knowledge about some of the interesting features of Fedena, you will undoubtedly benefit to the utmost from your Fedena experience! Don’t forget to checkout our well documented support portal available at support.fedena.com
Koya University was established in 2003 and has developed noticeably. In the year 2010, Koya University underwent complete renovation, right from colleges to faculty systems, in order to enhance the interactions between similar academic fields. Today, the University has 4 faculties and 34 departments in different fields, such as Petroleum Engineering, Geo-technical Engineering, Clinical Psychology, Social Science and Medical Microbiology.
Are you a brand new user of ERP system for your school or college? When you are a new user or even someone who has been dealing with ERP for a long time, you need to abide by certain tricks to make the most out of it.
To help you out, here are 7 interesting tips for proper implementation that would surely work wonders for your school and college:
- One of the most important steps to a successful implementation is proper training of your teachers who will be using ERP software. You and your teachers and other staffs must know how to use it to make its full utilization. So, make sure you and your staffs get trained properly and keep getting trained every now and then. Fedena provides video tutorials and full-fledged help desk to keep you always trained in latest and greatest.
- Be ready for any kind of change in your school administration processes that you need to make in order to let ERP software work properly. It will be better if the management of your institution can undergo a crash course in change management.
- Before you make investments in ERP, you must be well acquainted with the latest ERP trends in the education sector. The ERP industry is all the time undergoing upgradation, but before you go for any trend, you must make thorough researches and choose the one that suits your institution the most.
- Its always advised to implement ERP in stages and not all at once. In fact, this process can help you enjoy many benefits and advantages as compared to the conventional ‘big bang’ method to implement all in one go.
- To improve the usage of ERP software among your teachers and other staffs, you can use the ‘carrot and stick’ strategy. Reward those staffs who make successful usage of the school management system on a regular basis.
- Plan out a roadmap and try to stick to it as this would help you not to cross the estimated budget limit and get the task done within a limited time period.
- You can create a team with the best employees including the best teachers and other staffs and allot them the power and authority to make sure that the project is done well and on time.
Proper implementation of ERP is an important task and requires proper time management to yield the best out of it.
Fedena is now available in Italian. This translation is provided by Lucio lamele, system programmer, designer,senior Systems Engineer and network manager at Molise Dati in Molise Region Italy. Lucio talks about Fedena.
Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself (& your company)?
Lucio: I hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from the University of Perugia (Italy) and I had graduated in the year, 2004. Presently, I am working with Molise Dati in Molise Region (Italy) as a system programmer, designer,senior Systems Engineer and network manager.
Q: What you liked about Fedena?
Lucio: Fedena is very nice and has great potential. I think, schools should use open source tools and contribute to the development of the education system.
Q: What improvements you want to see in Fedena?
Lucio: The improvements that I really want to see in Fedena is the ability to create your own CV with personal experiences, developments in the reporting of costs as well as integration with LDAP.
Q:What you think the future of education is going to be?
Lucio: I do not know. For me, the education sector is a new experience.
Q: Anyone helped you with translation?
Lucio: The translation was made by me and my colleague, Valentina Incollingo has helped me with corrections. As you can see, I’m not very good with the English language.
Q: Tell us more about your school.
Aminah: Young Ambassador Language Center Preschool is the first of its kind in Kuwait. Along with following an American based curriculum we are also teaching children four languages, by using language immersion. Our goal is to prepare children who attend our school to speak, Arabic, English, French and Spanish fluently and with a native accent.
Q:How is the present day education system in Kuwait?
Aminah: Like anywhere in the world, we face our own set of problems and issues that the rest of the world faces as well. However, our job as educators, is to make the best with what we have and encourage and foster the best in our children.
Q: And, what are the challenges, you think, that present day education system is facing as a whole?
Aminah: Education and the techniques that we use, as educators, are always changing and evolving. Passing on or presenting these new ideas and concepts to a larger audience, is at times a real challenge.
Q: Any particular challenge you have encountered so far?
Aminah: Just like anywhere in the world, we all face road blocks when trying to introduce new ideas and concepts.The only real challenge we have faced thus far, is the new concept of teaching multiple languages. However, when prospective parents come in to listen to what we have to offer, along with looking at the research that has been done on language acquisition, usually the negative ideas of teaching multiple languages are gone.
Q: What do you think is the future of education is going to be like?
Aminah: Like most of us in the education field, I am rather optimistic. I am hoping that we can be the change we would like to see in our educational community. With the help and support of our community, I can really see the change that we are striving to make coming.
Sandra from the HR department, Hampson English, Beijing and one of our happy clients, talks about what makes them use and like Fedena, the one stop solution for effortless school management:
Q: Tell us a little bit about your institution.
Sandra: We are an English training school which specialises in one to one teaching of English and our students are of all ages- from kids to young adults. Most of the courses are on how to use spoken English in daily life.
Q: What you liked about Fedena?
Sandra: The best part about Fedena is that it has a very specific platform for users. It is an effective school ERP and professional when it comes to solving problems as part of after-sale services.
Q: What are your favourite modules of Fedena?
Sandra: The most favorite module is the Discussion module.
Q: What is the biggest challenge faced by you?
Sandra: The biggest challenge we have faced so far is during designing online examination system, not just for students, but for employees as well.
Q: What you think the future of education is going to look like?
Sandra: The future of education is surely going to be bright with online education going more multi-cultural. This will make possible for one student to attend classes of teachers in some other country through online.
1. Assign tasks:
2. Allow privileges to employees:
3. One roof for entire team:
5. No meetings and e-mails: