We all know 2020 has been an unforgettable year for all of us and amongst all the difficulties we embraced new realities and shifted from traditional schooling to online schooling. To support our customers during these challenging times, we are continuously improving our software by adding new features, so that institutes can function efficiently while all their operations are remote.
Again we are here, to kick off 2021 with our latest release – Fedena 3.9. We are excited to share that Fedena 3.9 is now out and live for all our users. In this release, we are featuring 9 new features – Online Exam in Mobile App, Floating Elective Subject, Paybooks Integrations, Gate Management, Assignment Revamp, BBPS Integration, Quickbooks Integration, Notification Management, Gradebook Mark Entry. Besides this, there are 10 feature enhancements and 70+ bugs fixed.
This time we are dedicating this release to “John Taylor Gatto”, who was an American author and school teacher. Gatto introduces how “Practical HomeSchooling Turns Kids Into Geniuses” promotes homeschooling, and specifically unschooling and open source learning.
After teaching for nearly 30 years he authored several books on modern education, Dumbing Us Down: the Hidden Curriculum of Compulsory Schooling, and The Underground History of American Education: A Schoolteacher’s Intimate Investigation Into the Problem of Modern Schooling, which is sometimes considered to be his magnum opus.
He was awarded New York City Teacher of the Year three consecutive years while also being recognized as New York State Teacher of the Year in 1991.
On October 25th, after a long battle with health issues, Gatto departed this world at 82 years old. He leaves his legacy behind that inspired thousands of people to challenge the premise on which our education system was built.
What is New in Fedena 3.9 release?
1- Online Exam in Fedena Mobile App –
Online Exam is now available in Fedena Mobile App, which allows students to attend scheduled or live examinations from their mobile device. Students can attend the online exam, classroom test, and quiz directly from Fedena Mobile App without being physically present on the school premises. Also, view the exam results in the mobile app itself.
2- Assignment Management
Assignments are one of the best ways to track the progress of both students and teachers. And that’s why we have upgraded our Assignment Management Module by adding various new features in both web and mobile app.
- Now creating a new assignment in both web and mobile app is more flexible than ever. We have added new modes for assignment submission, marks/grade entry, comment section, due date flexibility and more.
- Get a better view on assignments status Fedena has rolled out Graphical and Tabular Reports in both web and mobile app.
- Employees can track the assignment publish date and username details via assignment logs.
- Students can submit answers for online assignments through the mobile app.
- Also, students can view pending and submitted assignments, submission details, and marks obtained in each assignment.
To get a detailed understanding of Assignment Module – Check our Support Article
3- Floating Elective Subject –
With this feature in Fedena, enable an elective group as a floating elective, and subjects from the floating elective group can be assigned individually to the time slots. Check how floating elective subject can be managed in Fedena.
4– Paybooks Integration –
Fedena introduces hassle-free integration with Paybooks integration. It simplifies the payroll and payslip generation process, also easily syncs all employee’s details such as employee type, designation, department, location, and more from Fedena to Paybooks in a single click. Once enabled, employees can access their payslips with the salary structure, and deductions made through Paybooks. Read the complete support article here – Paybooks Integration
5- Gate Management –
Prevent unauthorized entry into your institute premises with Fedena’s all-new Gate Management Module. Gate management is a mobile app’s first feature to record the entry and exit of visitors, students, and staff members. Our module helps in enhancing the security of your institution and provides detailed graphical and tabular reports on visitors’ in/out timings.
- This feature is divided into 3 parts : Visitor Management, User Entry Management and Gate Pass Management
- Privileged employee can access the reports in graph and tabular format and view it on both web and mobile app
- Configure form settings, general settings like notification, and prefix for the pass number in the web app.
- The entry/actions in visitor management, user entry management, and gate pass management will be marked and handled in the mobile app.
6- Notification Management –
Notifications control in the web and mobile app are settings given to provide better control on the notifications sent from Fedena. The web settings allow privileged users to control what notifications are sent out. And in, the mobile app user can disable and enable the push notifications as well as set a do not disturb time. Read complete support article – Notification Management
7- Gradebook Marks Entry via Mobile App –
Employees can now enter marks/grades from the mobile app for a specific exam, term, skill, and activity. Easily check the mark submission status for the exam, also after entering the marks the employees can instantly view the result.
8- Quickbooks Integration –
Efficiently manage all your accounting operations with Quickbooks Integration. View the auto-syncing record status in Quickbooks sync available in the Fedena ERP.
9- BBPS Integration-
Make fees payment easy by integrating BBPS (Bharat Bill Payment System) with Fedena. After registering your institute with BBPS, students or parents can search the institute, view pending fees, and make a payment with a click.
Enhancements in Fedena 3.9 Release
- Send instant notification in locked mode after submitting the marked attendance
- “Receipt templates” is renamed as “Finance templates”
- Inactivate button in payroll category to change the status of payroll from active to inactive
- Voucher number setting for expenses
- Setting to disable available item quantity and price in Inventory
- Enable assignment accessing privilege for non-teaching members
We’re continuously adding new features to Fedena, fixing issues we learn about, and making changes based on your feedback. Kindly share what would you like us to improve next and for a better Fedena experience try our free demo. Also, check the complete release note here – https://fedena.com/blog/2021/07/ariel-fedena-3-9-release-note.html
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?