Google Meet Integration with Fedena
Social Distancing doesn’t have to be learning distancing
Online learning and remote teaching isn’t a new thing; it has been around for a while. But with increasing widespread of pandemic, more and more institutions have adopted the technological platforms to ensure that administrators, educators, and students can remain connected, and without disruption, the learning of the students remains on-going.
In these uncertain times, providing secure communication and continuous learning platforms for students and instructors has become a necessity for all types of institutions. Daily interaction with classmates and instructors, even virtually, play a significant role in student’s learning and also helps them to adjust to the virtual learning environment.
Amid this lockdown, our commitment is to deliver a solution that helps schools and colleges to stay connected with each other in real-time and quality education gets seamlessly provided to student’s won’t any halt.
Therefore Fedena is pleased to announce that we have partnered with the best industry provider and expanded the choices in video conferencing software. Now Fedena can integrate with Google Meet so that teaching-learning practices remain to continue uninterruptedly.
Let’s see how to get started with Google Meet Integration with Fedena
Google Meet, the online meeting tool from Google is a simple and easy tool to schedule and attend meetings online. With the integration, now create meetings, online classes within the “Collaboration Module” in Fedena and let students join the meetings with ease. Meeting link will be available in the Google Calendar app as well as Google Meet app.So just click the link & you are ready to join the meeting.
Conduct Online Classes Using Google Meet
There are few pre-requisite before you can integrate Google Meet to Fedena. They are as follows-
- First enable, Google SSO should be for your Fedena instance.
- Next, add Google Calendar API to your GSuite account.
- To enable the GMEET plugin (please contact your accounts manager to purchase this plugin) in your accounts panel.
- After purchasing the plugin get enable, you will get “Client Key” & “Client Secret” ids, which you add under “Google OAuth”.
- Now you are ready to create online meetings using Google Meet in Fedena.
Note – Before you start creating meeting, create new server named GMEET in Fedena Instance. For more details on Google Meet Integration setup, check – Fedena Support
How Teachers can create an Online Classes?:
Steps to setup online class using Google Meet:
- Go to Menu >> Collaboration >> Collaborate >> Google Meet Meeting
- Give a preferred name for the meeting.
- Select the server as the one you set up for GMEET.
- Specify the meeting agenda, in the description.
- Enable guest list if you want all the participants to see the invitees.
- Specify the duration of the meeting.
- Notify members when selected send an internal message to participants.
- Now to add participants for the meeting.
- To add employees – choose a department and add employees
- To add students – Select a course and add students
- Finally, schedule the date and time for the meeting.
Some Other Video Conferencing Platform in Fedena
Conduct Online Classes Using Zoom
Integrate Zoom application into Fedena
- Go to Menu >> Collaboration >> Collaborate >> Servers >> New server
- Select the server type as Zoom
- Provide the name as Zoom or any name of your preference.
- Update Zoom API Key, Zoom API Secret and Zoom Webhook Token
To get an API Key and API secret. Go to https://marketplace.zoom.us sign in and click Build App. Use the JWT app and copy the credentials to setup a server in Fedena.
- Save changes.
Once the Zoom server gets set in Fedena, then you are ready to conduct online classes and meetings with parents and institute employees.
How Teachers can create Multiple Online Classes for different course students?
Note: The Zoom plugin works with an active Zoom account. Features may vary depending on the Zoom plan you are in.
Conduct Online Classes Using Big Blue Button
You need the Collaborate plugin and BBB(BigBlueButton) installed in your account and running in a server (Can contact your Fedena account manager, if you wish to use Fedena BigBlueButton Hosting Service.)
How an Admin can Create an Online Classes:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?