Fight Coronavirus: See How Fedena is helping?
The unprecedented spread of the COVID-19 virus over the month is nothing like what the world has seen in recent times. Our hearts go out to all those who are affected by the outbreak as well as thankful to the millions of healthcare professionals and others who are working tirelessly in our communities during these times.
The pandemic has caused millions of educational institutes has to shut down to reduce the risk of the spread. But to mitigate the loss of learning some institutions are taking various actions in order to continue the teaching-learning practice. They have embarked on new technological platforms to deliver online learning programs to the students and manage their daily operations remotely.
To help your institution, Fedena has come out with multiple solutions using which the online learning, remote teaching and institute’s daily operations can be managed effortlessly.
How Fedena is helping in managing Online Classes?
During these this critical time, it is important to continue the teaching process and enable learners to get access to content from their homes. To help you with that Fedena is now offering 2 solutions using which institutes can easily conduct online classes:
Solution 1: Big Blue Button Integration
Big Blue Button help institutions conduct classes online through Fedena. It can be used for distance learning and is equipped with features like screen sharing, whiteboard for presenters, video recording and more, which make it an ideal companion to take your offline learning online.
How to Conduct Online Classes through Big Blue Button Integration?
You need the Collaborate plugin and BBB(BigBlueButton) installed in your account and running in a server (Can contact your Fedena account manager, if you wish to use Fedena BigBlueButton Hosting Service.)
How an Admin can Create an Online Classes:
- Click on Menu under “Collaboration” select “Collaborate”>> New Big Blue Button Meetings
- Next, Add a name for the class > Select the department and choose the instructor > Select the course/Batch > Add students > Define date and time > Save.
How Student can Attend Online Classes?
- First, login Fedena with student’s login credentials.
- Next on Menu under “Collaboration” select “Collaborate”
- Finally, Pick the date > Go > Join.
Solution 2: Zoom Integration
How to Conduct Online Classes through Zoom Integration?
Integrate Zoom application into Fedena
- Go to Menu >> Collaboration >> Collaborate >> Servers >> New server
- Select the server type as Zoom
- Provide the name as Zoom or any name of your preference.
- Update Zoom API Key, Zoom API Secret and Zoom Webhook Token
To get an API Key and API secret. Go to https://marketplace.zoom.us sign in and click Build App. Use the JWT app and copy the credentials to setup a server in Fedena.
- Save changes.
Once the Zoom server gets set in Fedena, then you are ready to conduct online classes and meetings with parents and institute employees.
How Teachers can create Multiple Online Classes for different course students?
- Go to Menu >> Collaboration >> Collaborate >> New Zoom Meeting
- Give a preferred name for the online class
- Specify the agenda, enable a waiting room if required (or else you can let participants join the meeting directly), specify the duration and school email id.
- Now to add Students – Select Course and Add Students (similarly to set meeting with employees, an individual can select employees by choosing department and send meeting invitation)
- Finally add the date and time to schedule the classes.
How can Participants join Online classes or Meetings?
- Login to Fedena school instance using your id and PWD
- Go To Menu >> Collaboration >> Collaborate.
- Click on the join button against the meeting to join the meeting.
Note: The Zoom plugin works with an active Zoom account. Features may vary depending on the Zoom plan you are in.
Other Fedena Features to simplify your institution daily tasks:
For more information get in touch with our experts at firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact us today!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?