Discipline is the key to bring a standardised structure to an institution/organisation. It is not used to refer to just a limited set of people (students, employees etc), but for the institution as a whole. It is a necessary practice to be followed within every organisation to not only bring a structure to their daily working on but also to organise the thoughts and pave the way for the continued growth.
“Discipline must come through liberty … We do not consider an individual disciplined only when he has been rendered as artificially silent as a mute and as immovable as a paralytic. He is an individual annihilated, not disciplined.”-Maria Montessori
As we have talked about the concept of discipline is so important for an organisation, implementing it is a completely different story. The school discipline addresses school-wide, classroom-wide, and individual needs through broad prevention, targeted intervention, and development of self-discipline.
In Fedena, there is an enhanced discipline module specifically designed to file disciplinary complaints. This plugin lets the students discuss their problems with their teachers, along with providing the feature for filing a complaint against either a teacher or a student. Schools often respond to disruptive individuals with exclusionary and punitive approaches that have limited value; therefore using this plugin, actions like necessary counselling can also be taken against certain users.
As observed in various educational institutions, the teachers were held responsible for not handling student’s behaviour and discipline. But since the institutions were not well equipped to handle such sensitive cases of disciplinary complaints, teachers had a hard time doing their job properly. After analysing these situations, it was found necessary to include a module targeted specifically to undertake disciplinary actions.
Sometimes there are situations where there is a misuse of power. As we have observed these individuals can misuse the system to harass students. Therefore we decided, the disciplinary actions must not be restricted only to the students but needed to be extended to other individuals as well. The enhanced discipline module in school management software helps the users file a complaint against student and lecturers as well.
“Discipline may be considered as a force that prompts individuals or groups to observe the rules, regulations and procedures which are deemed to be necessary for the effective functioning of an organisation”- Richard D. Calhoon
Let’s have a look at how to create a disciplinary issue in school management software :
- Open the discipline module under ‘Academics’.
- To enter a new complaint, start with a title for the complaint.
- The description of the incident reported can then be filled in.
- Decide on a suitable date for the trial and select it in the date box.
- Search for the student/employee who has registered or wants to register the complaint.
- Assign it to the guilty student/employee.
- A choice for Jury is also available as different incidents have different processes, some might be big enough for a full discussion.
- In this step, you can assign the employees and students who will be responsible for solving the issue.
- As a proof/evidence other attachments, like photos, documents etc can also be attached.
- Once it has been submitted, the issue will show up on the dashboards of all the people involved, automatically notifying them of the incident and time for trial.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?