What’s new in Fedena
Here is the list of new features included with this release of Fedena 3.4.3
|SMS Package Management||For institutions to be able to communicate with the students, parents, and employees through Short Message Service (SMS), Fedena must be integrated with a bulk SMS service provider. When configuring SMS settings in Fedena, you can now create SMS packages. An SMS package consists of the following:
Fedena Clients (Fedena Account Administrators) can create and assign SMS packages to individual schools created under them.
Note: Fedena Clients can no longer allow individual schools to inherit SMS configuration settings (Inherit SMS settings checkbox has been removed). Instead, SMS packages must be assigned.
|Fedena Account Administrator||SMS|
|Sort students when marking attendance and when entering marks/grades||When marking attendance and when entering marks/grades for students, you can now sort students by name, roll number, or even admission number.||Administrator, Privileged Employee||Attendance, Examination|
|Fee Transaction Reference Number||When collecting fees from students, for every transaction created in Fedena, you can provide a reference number based on the payment mode. The reference number can later be used to search for fee receipts.||Administrator, Privileged Employee||Finance|
|Fee Receipts List||In the Finance module, a new page called Fee Receipts is added to list all the fee receipts for payments made by employees, students, and guest users against fee collections. The page features Quick search and Advanced search functionality to allow users to quickly search and print fee receipts.||Administrator, Privileged Employee||Finance|
|CCE Reports – Batch-wise Student Report||You can generate the ‘Basic type’ CCE report in PDF format for all students of a batch at the same time. The Basic CCE report will include the grades obtained by the students in scholastic areas and co-scholastic areas.||Administrator, Privileged Employee||Examination|
|General Settings – Language||Fedena is now also available in American Spanish.||Administrator, Privileged Employee, Student, Parent||All modules|
What’s enhanced in Fedena
Here is the list of enhanced features included with this release of Fedena 3.4.3
|Student Profile – Fee Payment Details||From a student’s profile, all the fees that the student has paid and is due to pay in the current batch as well as previous batches can be viewed. The following types of fees may be listed:
Note: If the Online Payment plugin is enabled and its settings is configured, students and parents can pay the unpaid fees by clicking the fee collection name.
|Administrator, Privileged Employee, Student, Parent||Student Profile|
|Student-wise Report – Fee Payment Details||The Student-wise Report will now display all the fees that a student has paid and is due to pay in the current batch as well as previous batches. The following types of fees may be listed:
You can click on the fee name to go to the fee submission page and process the fee payment for any unpaid fees.
|Administrator, Privileged Employee||Reports|
|Student roll numbers in Custom Reports||When generating a custom student report, you can now include student roll numbers to be displayed in the report.||Administrator, Privileged Employee||Custom Reports|
|Search for students/employees using their names when issuing library books||Previously, when issuing a library book to a student or employee, you could search only using the student admission number or the employee ID. In this release, you can also use the first, middle, or last name of the student/employee to search and issue a book.||Administrator, Privileged Employee||Library|
|Functional and cosmetic enhancements to Timetable||The following enhancements have been made to the Timetable module:
||Administrator, Privileged Employee, Student, Parent||Timetable|
|Printable Fee Receipts||For every fee transaction created in Fedena, full or partial, a fee receipt is created. Each fee receipt can be printed on a newly designed layout by clicking on the fee receipt number.||Administrator, Privileged Employee, Student, Parent||Finance|
|CCE Reports – Student-wise Report||When viewing the Student-wise Report, you can now view the report for each examination term or for both terms together.||Administrator, Privileged Employee||Examination|
|CCE Reports – Consolidated Report||When generating the Consolidated Report for a batch, you can now filter the report based on the following:
||Administrator, Privileged Employee||Examination|
|General Settings – Language||Arabic text translation has been enhanced.||Administrator, Privileged Employee, Student, Parent||All modules|
|Other Minor Enhancements||
||Administrator, Privileged Employee, Student, Parent||NA|
Here is the list of issues fixed in this release of Fedena 3.4.3
- Entering FA scores for CCE exam with only one subject displays the message “Error occurred”.
- Unable to click the Header menu when trying to sort students in the Student Ranking per Attendance report.
- Corresponding student’s report is not available after selecting student in archived exam report.
- Style issue in Ranking level settings page (Safari – MacOS).
- Transferred students are listed in exam score entry page of previous batch.
- Certain formulae (division and multiplication) not accepted when setting up CCE, ICSE.
- Incorrect grade shown due to rounding of marks in grouped exam report.
- UI fixes with grouped exam PDF report.
- The ‘CCE Reports’ link (Academics > Examination > CCE Reports) is shown even if the ‘CCE’ grading system is not enabled in the General settings page.
- Subjects of inactive batches are shown in CCE Settings page.
- Show full course name and batch name throughout the Alumni module.
- Missing validation when entering invalid characters in the custom import field.
- Other language filter does not work for import logs.
- Unable to export if delayed job takes more than one hour to perform the operation.
- Unnecessary batches and courses are listed in collection wise report.
- Extra field “Total” in CSV report of Fee Collection-wise report.
- Issue in Fee collection date in case of batch transfer.
- Previous batch discounts are shown in the Student-wise Report of Fee Head-wise Report.
- The payment mode values are translated in the fee submission form.
- Fee collection appears in the Batch-wise report even-though the Fee collection name has not been scheduled for the required batch.
- Show full batch name in fee transaction report.
- Corresponding fine is not generated upon changing the due date for fee payment.
- Fee collection name is not shown in the fee receipt in Spanish language.
- Amount to pay with a fine is shown wrong in the print receipt in Pay All Fees page upon paying all fees.
- Incorrect date format is shown for reverted transaction.
- Deleted fee collection is also shown in the batch-wise report.
- Fee collection name is not shown in student-wise report.
- Unable to delete the fee particulars if no discount is created for a category.
- Unassigned hostel fees are shown in the pay all fees page.
- Unassigned transport fees are shown in the pay all fees page.
- Ability to approve an employee’s payslip multiple times causing an error when trying to view the Finance Transactions report.
- Unable to create Payslip for an employee with a blank payroll category.
- Deleted store item is also shown in the PDF and CSV report of the store items.
- Unable to create question with letter “Q” in online exam.
- Course & Batch can be made as independent dropdowns in the Student Admission form.
- Batch name is not shown while viewing timetable in ‘View timetable’ page.
- Unable to select ‘Employee’ users in User-wise transport fee collection page.
- Unable to access Google docs from Fedena due to a recent update in Drive API.
- Incorrect date format is shown in Arabic language.
- Optimization in Multischool Statistics.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!