How in Fedena admins can hassle-free manage the admission numbers?
Admission numbers are unique numbers allotted to students on their admission. No two students can have the same admission number in the institution, even if they are admitted to a different course or batch. Admission number may also be referred to as ‘Registration Number’, ‘Student ID’, or ‘Student Number’ in many institutions.
How does an institute allot an admission number?
When admitting a student using the Student Admission Form, access the Module icon >> Academics >> Students >> Student Admission.
*Admission number is the first field you will see at the top of the form. The Admission number field is mandatory.
1. Auto Increment of Admission Numbers:
Since every time a student is admitted an admission number must be allotted, institutions can choose to auto increment the admission number. This setting can be set by selecting the enable auto increment of Student Admission No. checkbox on the General settings page. The first admission number will have to be manually entered according to the convention the institution intends to follow. From the next admission onwards, the number will be automatically incremented.
- If the first admission number is 1, the following admission numbers will be 2, 3, 4, and so on.
- If the first admission number is A1, the following admission numbers will be A2, A3, A4,…A9, A10, A11, and so on. The alphabet ‘A’ will remain constant.
- If the first admission number is 1A, the following admission numbers will be 1B, 1C,…1Y, 1Z, 2A, 2B…2Y, 2Z, 3A, 3B…3Y, 3Z, and so on.
- If the first admission numbers is A, the following admission number will be B, C, D,…X, Y, Z, AA, AB,…AY, AZ, BA, BB…BY, BZ,…CA, CB,…CY, CZ, and so on.
If the Enable auto increment of Student Admission No. checkbox is not selected, you will have to manually enter the admission number every time a student is admitted.
2. Naming Convention:
Institutions can follow a naming convention when creating admission numbers. Make note that admission numbers can only contain alphanumeric characters, underscores, and hyphens. Here are the conventions followed by some schools and colleges that use Fedena:
- School 1 – Year of joining + a unique number. So the student admission numbers looked like this: 150001, 150002,…150067, 150068,…150666, 150667, and so on.
- School 2 – School name abbreviated + a unique number. So the student admission numbers looked like this: DPA0001, DPA0002,…DPA0067, DPA0068,…DPA0666, DPA0667, and so on.
- School 3 – School name abbreviated + a unique number. So the student admission numbers looked like this: DPA1, DPA2,…DPA67, DPA68, DPA666, DPA667, and so on.
- College 1, for students of a particular course – Year of joining + Course name abbreviated + a unique number. So the student admission numbers looked like this: 03ZOO01, 03ZOO02,… 03ZOO44, 03ZOO45.
- College 2, for students of a particular course – Year of joining + College code provided by the university it is affiliated to + a unique number. So the student admission numbers looked like this: 15045201, 15045202…15045244, 15045245.
FAQ while managing admission number in Fedena:
- Is there a quick way to allot student admission numbers?
The easiest and quickest way to create many student records in Fedena is to Custom Import the student admission records. When setting up the CSV file to be imported, enter the admission number for each student according to the naming convention your institution intends to follow.
- Admission Number = Fedena Username
The student admission number is also the username that a student will use to log in to Fedena. It is important for students to remember their admission number. Many institutions may also ask the students to mention their admission number in any type of communication with the institution.
- Can I change a student’s admission number?
Generally, the admission number of a student remains unchanged until the student leaves the institution. However, if the admission number of a student needs to be changed, it can be done at any time from the student’s profile by the Administrator or a Privileged Employee. Students cannot change their admission number from their Fedena login.
- Can I allot the admission number of a deleted student to a newly admitted student?
Yes, you can allot the admission number of a student who you have permanently deleted from Fedena to a newly admitted student.
Additional modules to simplifies the admission process:
- Applicant Registration Plugin
The Applicant Registration plugin allows students to register to courses online. When a student is allotted to a batch of a course, the admission number is automatically allotted. The admission number follows the naming convention of the last admitted student, regardless of whether the last student was admitted to the same batch or to a batch of a different course.
- Student Reports
Student admission numbers appear in all student reports including attendance reports, examination reports, course/batch reports, and fee receipts.
- Searching Students
In Fedena, you can search for students from several areas based on your user role and privileges assigned. For example, you can search for students using the search bar at the top of your dashboard, when managing user accounts, when scheduling fee collections, when allotting transport, and many more. Apart from using the name of the student to search, you can also use the student’s admission number to search.
Let us know in the comment section if your institution uses a specific naming convention when allotting admission numbers. Also if you are looking to simplify and automate your school admission process? Contact us today or try our 14 days free trial or Visit us https://fedena.com/
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?