In an era where most toddlers are comfortable with a smartphone as with crayon, it would be foolish to think that the traditional model of education will survive as is. Innovation demands constant change, most of which is evident in the methodologies of higher education.
To cut to the quick, online learning platform has become quite popular with the masses. Therefore with Uzity learning management system, the teaching and learning has become easy and convenient. Using Uzity, an instructor can easily deliver material to the students, administer tests and other assignments, track student progress, and manage record-keeping. So get ready to build your own alliance to deliver the amazing learning experience. However, the debatable question here is – How technology helps the schools to run better? Delving into the details later, it can be simply put that traditional method of teaching are on the cusp of a dramatic transformation.
The Benefits as We Know it
Online platforms, especially social media websites, have empowered us to replace many customarily interactive processes like dating, shopping, and banking. Getting educated online is probably the next frontier for internet-based expediency. Here is why:
- You can afford it: Online learning requires no cost to self. More than 300 hours of lectures from Harvard, Berkeley, and MIT are available on Youtube. This medium of imparting education is more scalable due to its reduced overhead costs as opposed to the brick-and-mortar schools.
- It is convenient: You can take an online course any time of the day, at your own convenience. Most of the distance learning programs have online communities and forums that increase accessibility and usability.
- You know where to find it: The courses are available online; so all you need to have is a good internet connection. MOOCs (massive open online courses) are readily accessible to a diverse blend of student backgrounds, experiences, geographies, and motivations.
- Controlled learning: With online learning, you have more flexibility to choose the where, what, when, how, and how much of education that you acquire. Students could choose EdX MOOCs for a variety of different reasons. Some are simply hoping to learn, some are looking for knowledge to aid in some other classes that they are taking, while others are probably teachers looking to gain some quality insights about the latest in the field of teaching.
- Prepare for the future: In terms of employment, recruiters today prefer candidates who are well-versed with the detailed nuances of dynamic learning. Since online learning is implemented as a training tool in organizations, it’s best that you sample its worth for a clear path ahead.
Innovation Vs Tradition
Just like some people can never get over the feel of a hard-bound book, many learners continue to prefer the face-to-face, teacher-led interaction of the traditional classroom setting. Although loyalty and adherence to age-old practices could retain a certain fragment of the student population, a failure in integrating technology and education could prove detrimental to an educational institution’s sustainability.
As we all know, schools have always been the centres of tradition and innovation. Although teachers are likely to blend the practices of both online and in-person learning, ultimately it’s up to the innovators and the preferences of the learners to obtain knowledge from any medium of choice.
Competition in the online learning space is fierce, with innovators encouraging trials and errors to transform the educational process.
Here are some trends that could possibly tip the balance in near future:
- Wearable gadgets: This includes devices like google glass, smartwatch, etc. which is knowledge in your pocket – on the go.
- BYOD: Exciting as it sounds; BYOD refers to bring your own device. Through this concept, students are permitted to bring their laptops, tablets, etc. in a classroom for the sake of taking notes.
- Sharing Portals: Cloud and social media websites have become common platforms for sharing assignments and other study material. Be it Dropbox, Google Drive, or iCloud, sharing massive files is just one click away.
- Blended & Flipped learning: Flipped learning is getting information through an instructional video and then displaying a rendition of your learning through project work. Blended learning, on the other hand, is a combination of online and classroom teaching.
- Last but not the least, this era is all about the apps! There is an app for learning anything and everything. Be it science or literature, a simple download can go miles in teaching you something constructive in life.
In the end…
While there is an improvement and students have begun to adopt online learning on a large scale, education providers still need time to conclude whether students will drift towards the classrooms that keep them in line, or the classrooms that keep them online. Rest assured, this wave of online learning is sure to take the world by storm.
The article is written by:
Tina Jindal. She is a professional writer who works on a variety of topics like employment, real estate, and education. A staunch supporter of online learning and education, career advisor for naukri.com, she has been involved with renowned publications as well.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?