Fedena provides a powerful API to configure the attendance with external devices. If you are planning to integrate a biometric attendance system or RFID student tracking system with Fedena, here is good news. The Biometric/RFID integration plugin of Fedena is now ready for use. Read this blog post to understand how the integration works.
|RFID / Biometric Hardware configuration in Institution|
- Biometric/RFID hardware
- Power for Biometric/RFID hardware
- A local PC with an internet connection to act as a server to process Biometric/RFID data
- Cable connecting the local PC and Biometric/RFID hardware
- Windows OS in local PC
- Biometric/RFID software you got from the hardware manufacturer to be installed in local PC
- Hardware integration app of Fedena to be installed in local PC
- Fedena installed in the cloud or other servers of your choice
Things to know
- You have to purchase the RFID / Biometric hardware with supporting software from the local provider. Fedena does not supply any hardware. Fedena support will not help with your hardware issues.
- Make clear the support & service terms with the hardware provider. Make sure they can provide on-site support incase of hardware issues.
- Show the hardware provider this article to make sure their software can support the integration explained here.
How does the integration work?
- Each user(students/teachers) in your institution will get a unique hardware ID from the RFID/Biometric device.
- You can enter this unique ID in the hardware ID field of student/teacher profile in Fedena.
- Install a simple software provided by Fedena in the local PC where the RFID/Biometric device is connected.
- Done. This software will communicate with Fedena through the internet using Fedena’s attendance API.
Step by step instructions
Get the Fedena installation ready. Undergo Fedena training. Enter student and teacher data in Fedena.
Get the RFID/Biometric device installed and connected to the local PC. Make sure the software that came along with the hardware is installed in the local PC.
Install the hardware integration app provided by Fedena in the same local PC where RFID/Biometric device is connected and the software is running.
Enroll the students/teachers in the RFID/Biometric device as per the instructions received from the hardware provider. RFID/Biometric device will assign a unique ID to each user.
Store the unique ID of students and teachers in Fedena in the hardware ID field as given below.
|Entering Hardware ID in the student profile|
If you are interested to enable the RFID / Biometric integration of Fedena, contact us
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?