Official Blog post – http://projectfedena.org/blog/17-fedena-2-3-released
Github – https://github.com/projectfedena/fedena
Download instructions – http://projectfedena.org/download
Fedena now powers more than 40,000 institutions around the world. It includes the most notable implementation in 15,000 Schools of Kerala – India, which is now a case study for successful implementation of big data e-gov projects across the world. http://projectfedena.org/pages/sampoorna
The same project is acclaimed by ruby on rails community and David Heinemeier Hansson – creator of Ruby on Rails.
Highlighted Features of Fedena 2.3
- Support for CCE(CBSE), CWA & GPA grading standards
- Supports 4 new languages – Japanese, Portuguese, German & Marathi. (Already supports Spanish, Arabic, Hindi & English)
- Enhanced report centre for examinationSeperate dashboard for Parent (Previously parent & student view were same)
- Enhanced timetable & attendance
Introduction of plugin marketplaceNow any company can develop plugins for fedena using the documentation and support available in projectfedena website. The developers can list their plugins in the marketplace for free or for a price. This is the first step towards building an ecosystem around Fedena. http://www.projectfedena.org/plugins
Fedena MobileFedena Pro is now available as a mobile web app using HTML5 technology. It supports the most used features of fedena through a mobile interface.
Google App IntegrationFedena Pro is integrated with Google Apps and available in Google Apps marketplace. http://www.fedena.com/google_apps
Big Blue Button Integration is now freeThe Big Blue Button plugin of Fedena is available for free download from plugin marketplace. BigBlueButton is an open source web conferencing system for distance education. The goal of the project is to enable universities, colleges, and K12 to delivery a high-quality learning experience to remote students. BigBlueButton supports real-time sharing of slides (including whiteboard), audio, video, chat, and desktops. It also record lectures for later playback. More info: http://www.bigbluebutton.org/
UzityForadian Technologies is also all set to release their online university – Uzity in next two months. Uzity will complement Fedena and will offer a better e-learning experience. Prelaunch page http://www.uzity.com/
Read “What is the new learning product Foradian is building?” http://www.quora.com/Foradian/What-is-the-new-learning-product-Foradian-is-bu…
1) MIT TR35 India 2012 award – http://www.technologyreview.com/tr35/profile.aspx?TRID=1248
2) Edustars powered by Accel Partners and yourstory.in – http://yourstory.in/2012/08/startups-thatll-shape-the-education-industry-in-i…
Interesting articles about Fedena
1) A Tunisian professor writes how fedena is helping them reorganize and innovate after the Arab Spring revolution – http://opensource.com/education/12/6/learning-fedena
2) Foradian CEO interviewed in opensource.com, sharing the importance of opensource in education – http://opensource.com/education/12/8/foradian-ceo-explains-benefits-open-sour…
3) What problem does Fedena solve? http://www.quora.com/What-Problem-Does-X-Solve/What-problem-does-Fedena-solve
Notable recent press releases
1) The Economic Times – Small town education start-up offers ERP solution to schools across the globe – http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-05-08/news/31626776_1_erp-s…
2) The Indian Express – Big Ideas, Small Towns – http://www.indianexpress.com/news/big-ideas-small-towns/937088/0
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?